Deep Space Probe and Tug.

Morris pulled another shift to bring in one of the new deep space probes into the holding unit. He is still using his trusty type 4 tug, it’s looking its age but Morris knows every nut, bolt and coupling on it. The starboard thruster can be a bit temperamental pulling the new type probes with its Quark gas, anti-mater hybrid thruster. The ones used for atmosphere manoeuvres are overly twitchy things and play havoc with the magna-coupling toe cable, Morris still thinks you cannot beat a good old Ford EmDrive thruster, but then he is getting on a bit at 143 next month and never liked change.

His is still very nervous about these new type probes and has herd also sort of weird things happening with the Cox-collusion drive that the probe uses to travel from system to system scanning for new bacteria strains.  They work on 5th dimensional matter that’s drawn into the probes engine (if you call it that it more like a pipe organ) by coercing an opening of the 5th dimension using the Cox principles of dimensional frequency dynamics. Support crew have told Morris they have seen “things” crawling over the probe when the Cox-collusion drive starts up. The Yakult foundation insists on then being perfectly safe but that’s what they said about the Mars probiotics and look what happened to those.

WIP here.

Picture are a bit more of quantity over quality.

20180209_142307

20180209_142255

20180209_142334

20180209_142347

20180209_142515

20180209_142658-1

20180209_142758

20180209_142725

20180209_142508

20180118_211955-1

20180118_212027-1

Really enjoyed this build, comments criticism things i could have done differently, lets have em.

Cheers Brian.

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

now I know what this model is all about - one of my club members mentioned the artists work to me which sent me off on a 2 hour website tour of his work - amazing stuff or what...and then to put 2 and 2 together seeing your scratch build - quite superb.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

now I know what this model is all about - one of my club members mentioned the artists work to me which sent me off on a 2 hour website tour of his work - amazing stuff or what...and then to put 2 and 2 together seeing your scratch build - quite superb.

Thank you. 

The intention this year is to get some practice scratch building and build up to an ian mcque style flying tug boat using one of the Revell kits as a base. There are a few resin kits available but i want to have a go at making my own and they are quite pricey.

• 3 weeks later...

Came out lovely. The tug definitely fits in McQue's world, but the probe looks like it could come from Ma.K - they make a cool combination.

Will

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2018 at 10:37 PM, Will Vale said:

Came out lovely. The tug definitely fits in McQue's world, but the probe looks like it could come from Ma.K - they make a cool combination.

Will

I forgot to respond to your comments Will, sorry about that.  the intention was for the one to be a bit Mcque like and the other to be a bit Ma.K so thanks. Gathering materials and kits for another build or two at the moment.  

• Like 1