The MSM-07 Z'Gok 1/144 HG

This is a very old HG, i snapped it together last night in about 20mins and i now have a few possible ideas for the kit. I will be scribing lots a new panel lines but i might also put him in some water. Here is is for now.

20180208_225338

He might be an old kit but he still look cool.

20180208_225405

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, Thud4444 said:

I've built this kit twice. A plain one like yours and Char's. I loved it. I really want to build a E one of these days.  I'm gonna watch this tread like a fat man at a cake shop. Looking for ideas to steal......

Cheers, i keep looking at the RG kit but thought i would have a go at the basic kit first.

Ok so im going with a water dio, i will be keeping it simple with the Z Gok emerging from the water all gun blazing, so i will be usind some lighting as well.

So im on with working out the lights,first off the hand guns. First two pics are just using an led inside the gin barrel its ok but not great, so i them added a bit of fibre optic and that works a treat.

20180211_10011320180211_100126

With the fiber it looks better.

2018-02-11_10-13-27

• Like 2

Like where your going with this Brian, I said it already but boy your good with those tree armatures, very natural looking.

And yeah I think your right to replace the larger tree with two smaller ones, I think it'll help with the balance of it and also to keep a sense of scale

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

Like where your going with this Brian, I said it already but boy your good with those tree armatures, very natural looking.

And yeah I think your right to replace the larger tree with two smaller ones, I think it'll help with the balance of it and also to keep a sense of scale

Cheers thr tree apertures are a lot of fun very relaxing to make and surprisingly easy once you get into the swing of it.

Made 2 smaller trees and test fitted the ZGok, he takes up a lot more room with his arms on. Starting to look better, i might add a smaller 3rd rock.

20180220_220011

20180220_220021

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thud4444 said:

I was wondering is this supposed to be the assault on Jaburo?  

Great work no matter what.

It wasn't intentional but now you mention it it does look like it heading that way.

My new ref pics.

2018-02-24_07-49-43

2018-02-24_07-49-59

Edited by rockpopandchips

I forgot to post how it got to this piont in the rocks. So i mixed a bit of brown paint and PVA into some plaster and added a bit of sharp sand were i will be adding some grass and bushes.

2018-02-23_04-35-07

After that i added several colour washes of green red and yellow, then a black wash to try and bring out the shadow. Once thats was all dry i added a bit of green and grey dry brush. 

2018-02-23_10-35-17

I still need to paint the trees but they have had a thin plaster and pva wash to cover the wire.

Im sure there must be quicker ways to make dios but this seams to works for me.

I do have a question about resin, what is best to use for getting a watery green look to it. I will paint the base but the resin will be 4 or 5 mm deep so i think i will need to colour it a bit.

Cheers.

• Like 3

Looking rather tasty. Just an FYI: It's easier to die the sponge first before blending (or at least I find that to be the case). Just water down some cheap acrylic from the Works and soak it, then pop it in the oven on the lowest heat.

Also, a good cover for wire armature trees is artist's latex. You can buy it by the gallon on Amazon. It allows you to build up multiple layers and impart texture more easily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1