This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

This is so nice - you mastered the color black just right. Which colors did you use?

Cheers,

Michael

You’ve absolutely nailed it. Got the black to perfection, nicely weathered & stained. 

What colours & washes did you use?

Pete

GORGEOUS! Stunning finish, superbly subtle weathering...and those exhausts. I'm not really convinced that's 1/72...and I'd love to see a WIP. Love it!

An absolutely ravishing beauty in black! You've really nailed that almost impossibly difficult-to-get-right finish, right down to panel lines visible on the markings.

Only fly in the ointment: the aerial wire is pure fiction. The Mk Vb had VHF radio sets, with the short antenna enclosed in the aerial post, so no wire. Also, on the Mk I and Mk II, with HF radio sets until mid or late 1940, the aerial wire was attached to a triangular prong on the post, not to the top. Just cut off the wire and everything will be fine! ;-)

Superb modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

EDIT: I forgot to give the exhausts a special honorary mention. That's the way exhausts look in reality (no uniform "rust" colour). Superb attention to detail!

/JS

Bardzo Dobra!!!  Gorgeous!

What an unusual finish, but it looks great and like others have said you have nailed the black finish perfectly.

Cheers

Dennis

Very nice Spit, and great inspiration for the (planned) all black Bf 110 C on my shelf of doom. May have to start working on that one again :-)

Peter

This is absolutely splendid!

And yes please, what color(s) did you use and how did you proceed for the chipping on the wings?

Cheers

b.

Yes, that's a winner! Like others have said, an outstanding black finish.

Cheers

John

Hello friends,

It is very nice to hear that you enjoy my work.

I started with black surfacer from Gunze. Then irregular highlights with a heavily diluted Tamiya XF-24 Dark Grey, next few spots of Tamiya Nato Black. Finally, area of panel lines were darkened with Gunze Smoke. The surface was finished with oil paints (sandy colors). 

For wash I used a mix of black and white oil paint. After few attempts I got the shade I wanted. It was a challenge to get the color which is visible but not pervasive. The color is best visible on insignia blue. 

Chipping color was mix with Vallejo acrylics (black and white, again) and then painted with a very thin brush.

Exhaust were first primed with black, then drybrushed with a mix of red, yellow and brown, covered with Tamiya Tan and heavily washed with black. Exhaust fumes were airbrushed with Tamiya Tan and finished with oils. 

Please also visit my YT channel to find some interesting techniques.

Cheers,

Robert

Amazing job mate. This is the best black paint job I've seen. Well done!

That is one Black Spitfire. You have done a great job, I really like the paint job you have done.

Excellent and sexy results of so boring basic scheme! Congrats :)

J-W

Very tasty :speak_cool: