1/72 Academy F-84G Thunderjet, Armée de l'Air

Hi all,

Here's my just finished 1/72 Academy F-84G Thunderjet. I did it as a machine from Escadron de Reconnaissance Tactique 2/33 "Savoie", based at Cognac in the mid 50's. I added a recce pod on the left wing from Model Art. This was a converted Fletcher fuel tank as used on the T-33, to give the straight wing F-84's a basic recce capability. It was first used by the French, and found its way to other NATO Thunderjet users. Decals came from a Berna sheet. Painted with Vallejo Metal Color, Revell, ModelMaster and Tamiya paints.

8JoUEhM.jpg

JZfLxh5.jpg

UzlUm2z.jpg

KLRteeg.jpg

Thanks for looking, and I hope you like it.

Pete

• Like 35

Yep does it for me, nice bare metal finish, and extra interest with the Recce Pod. You just can't beat a classic jet in all it's glory, and you've done this justice. I'm sitting on one of these Bidon Recce Pods for a Danish A/C. Photographs of these airframes with this Pod seem to be in short supply. Thanks for posting this, may be the impetus I need.

Peter

Great to see a Thunderjet, super nice to see a French one and as others have said, the recce' pod adds extra interest.

I've got loads of these kits waiting in the wings and a couple half completed, the fitting of the fuselage sections with or without the auxiliary intakes is always a bugger to fit and something you want to be sure you get right with a NM finish - you appeared to have mastered this aspect an your NM finish is great!

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Wez