Poor Material Quality on Kits

Flowgar

Hello, I like many of the forum, I am a modeler and collector. Recently I raised a big problem, the poor quality of raw material used by Revell Germany in its editions of Matchbox kits. I have been handling my AFV kits in 1/76 and the tracks are all with the hard and brittle plastic, also the plastic of the kits is brittle and the paper of instructions is in awful condition. These kits I have kept them in safe environment for 25 years and now that I handle them they are in a bad state, I have kits that have been assembled and perfect for almost 40 years, I have never seen a quality of material as low as these manufactured by German Revell in mid 80s.

The point is, that there is no spare for the AFV tracks and all the kits are lost with them, what can I do to replace them?

What tracks do you specifically need.....Some alleged 1/72 kits are closer to 1/76 so you may yet be able to find parts.

The best place to ask is probably the Braille DG at Missing Lynx, there are a bunch of 1/76 fanatics over there who have a list of underscale 1/72 tools that they can use for their colletions:  http://www.network54.com/Forum/47210