Hello from a Londoner

LotusEspritBill

Hi,

I'm Bill from London, I've been model kit making for 47 years. I started as many did in the early 70's, building airfix aircraft and hanging them from my bedroom ceiling!

Then throughout my teens, I was hooked on tanks. Then during adult life, it's been more towards sci-fi kits. From TV shows such as Space 1999 and Star Trek, to vinyl kits from films such as Terminator and Alien.

For a while in the 80's - 90's I also discovered 1:1 scale plastic gun kits, such as those produced by LS. I know the manufacturers were Japanese. I loved the challenge, these were quite fiddly to put together - as with real guns, there were lots of moving parts and tiny springs!  BTW, if anyone has any of these kits, unmade or made, I'd be very interested in them if you wish to part with them. I don't know what happened to my over the years and they don't seem to make them anymore, otherwise I'd start up my collection again.

:welcome: aboard Bill - when you've got the magic 100 posts, you can avail yourself of the Wanted area to post up about these gun kits (I remember them too).  I think that some of these manufacturers went on to become Airsoft manufacturers.  Does Tokyo Marui ring any bells? :hmmm: