finished kits everywhere

maybe people recognize something when they see the place where I live,I made my neighbour take some pictures of some of my finished aircraft ,I will show them in near future in more detail . but to get some appetite I start with a couple of overview pictures from some kits that fill up space in my living rooms .a quizz is maybe a nice idea? how many fokkers can you spot om the next two photographs? these are the aircraft that are put on show on top of the antiques clothes box [trove?], [beautiful box by the way] on it are my fokker ww2 +interbellum dutch airforce , my chaco war collection ,and three stray aircraft ,one from italy -pipistrello-  another one is a luftwaffe blohm und voss bv -141 and of course that airfix handley page OO/400  monster  my intention is to show later in greater detail many of the planes you can see here. CvS3z4M.jpg     and    hbt6n43.jpg   [chaco war planes on the left side]     and on the chimney are these  DCymAF2.jpg . on the piano is the luft46 department [and some tanks ,een bv-155 tank "höhe jäger" ,a  fairey hendon from matchbox and two french ww2 planes ,from heller ] yRM1ahT.jpg   and  woDtnwj.jpg     one item in greater detail to finish with ,my french bloch 174 from heller .this was one of the first times I worked with acrylics ,and I found out that this needs a different way in using than the humbrol enamels I am used to,since my youth ,school going days ,I even still had ahead of me what finally turned out to be my week in the army [conscripted] . the result pleases me after all ,but I might have discovered a new technique?  when I had de aircraft finished,disaster stared me in the face!things like that happen from time to time ,I am not the only with this experience I guess ,I even hope? it was not nice ,it was ugly ,total disaster![just like your nhs-or ours- ,if I would choose to believe you-know-who-I-mean,something which I will not choose to do] too much paint in one layer .so I put it under the tap to remove some of the paint -it is water based after all isn't it?-and have another try later. with new coats of paint .but when themess had dried up ,it looked like this and I did not toch the potez anymore .a layer of satin finished the job .I tried later the same way of proceeding again and it worked out ok too! but look for yourself ,here my heller 1/72 potez     ps ,on the box I forgot to mention three planes not dutch or not chaco war ,most people will already have spotted the north vietnamese antonov colt -trumpeter-,supposedly the one which bombed the american CIA spy/listeners/bomber guides on phou pha ti "lima site 85" in north eastern  laos in 1968 . into their demise and straight into hell where theyare still to be found .there is a breda[?] lince [mpm] too and a french breguet from heller [on stand]ky88fGn.jpg   and  pWqNVsz.jpg   and  fuUdGBV.jpg   and  1jZyLY4.jpg  . and rejoice for the fokkers treat I intend to give later! a lot of resin kits,omega models ,and others.... 

Edited by Emily-Emma silverscreen
  • Like 15

I feel really proud reading your words about my aircraft, and when I see the pictures, I understand completely what you mean when you say something of the tanks,and I agree .that is a different breed of creatures! the light is not doing very flattering things too . the ones which in my eyes are better can be found in a different spot in my house. I like to show three pictures of objects which turned out nicer ,at least in my eyes and which move on wheels ,tracks or even by horsepower ,like the boers in south africa heroically [?] once did ,and the germans in wwII in russia.  I will continue working on my tank skills too!  arrd5vx.jpg46LSFPK.jpg   and   ZmH45yH.jpg   and   nE9gAk9.jpg  you understand that, because I am a man of honour, and admitting reality may hurt a little sometimes ,I feel the needt now to show that there is progress to be seen concerning my tank building skills too ,in due of time. at least I think it is true,or hope it's true. the only tanks I ever built before my re-entry were 1/72 airfix tanks,in the sixties .did 1/35 tanks even exist in those days when hippies roamed the streets ? [I know there were! I have some books about the history of kits and the building kits]  and hLhJhPS.jpg

Edited by Emily-Emma silverscreen
  • Like 1