Another from Adelaide

Andwil

Hi all,  BM must be catching down here in beautiful Radelaide.  Been modelling for a few years now after getting back into the hobby.  Mostly OOTB other than after market decals and painted by hairy stick, but inspired by some of the wonderful builds on here have recently started dabbling in resin and PE and plan to purchase an airbrush this year.  I only build in 1/72 and my main interests are aircraft of the aces, British fighters, Harriers and the wonderfully individual SAAB fighters.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Welcome And(y?)(rew?) :D

Yes, quite a few from around the Great Southern Land. Looking forward to your builds. Might be popping over your way for the SAPMA show later in the year. Have you been to any of them?

Hi, thanks.  Its Andrew (never Andy! :talktothehand:).  I've been to a few SAPMA shows, but not for a few years as it always seems to coincide with when I am out of the country, which might be the case again this year.

• Like 1

I'm a newbie Adelaidean as well, what is happening!? :P Glad I won't be alone anyways.

I've been looking into SAPMA as I've only just gotten into the hobby after a long absence, how have you found it in the past? I'm thinking about going along to some of their shows.

On 2/9/2018 at 3:32 PM, Books said:

I'm a newbie Adelaidean as well, what is happening!? :P Glad I won't be alone anyways.

I've been looking into SAPMA as I've only just gotten into the hobby after a long absence, how have you found it in the past? I'm thinking about going along to some of their shows.

I'm not a member of SAPMA but have been to a few shows in the past (when they held them at Christian Brothers College), they were great shows with some really high standard models that I cannot hope to emulate - but can certainly aspire to.