Humbrol Decalfix - any good?

Neil.C

Just seen a youtube presentation of humbrol Decalfix which appears to do it all in one bottle. Is it any good or is Micro set/sol combo better?

Any other suggestions while we are here?

To answer your question, No. To elucidate try any or all of these:

solutions.jpg

All decals are printed with wildly differing carrier film mixes, so you're better off off getting everything in and trying them on unused decals from the sheet you're using. For most jobs my go to were  Microscale (Sol to soften, Set to for adhesion) bottles  except for older Hasegawa and Tamiya in which case the Gunze (Mr Mark Setter & Softer) comes first. Lately I start with Daco green and work up and as they are graduated and are made by a master decal maker (Danny Coremans) they blow everything into the proverbial azaleas.

If you're having real problems, other folks brush on neat cellulose thinner ( see IPMS Sweden) and there at least one  gent who uses neat Tamiya Extra thin, then of course there's Walters Solvaset , vinegar, something the cat did in a milk bottle four years ago and it really is brilliant except on Begemeot decals etc.

The Humbrol I'd reserve for target practice at errant moles digging up your lawn.

A

• Like 1