Show us your stash!?

Mods feel free to move this somewhere more relevant, I wasn't sure where else to post it, but thought it'd be cool for everyone to post up what's in their stashes! I guess it's kind of 'in progress'?

Here's mine ...

35259oy.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, Ratch said:

If its in your stash it ain't Work In Progress

One of those Vulcans will be in a few minutes! 

Anyway, didn't know where else to put it, just thought it might be interesting.

From memory…

Sea Harrier

Harrier GR3

F14 Tomcat

F15 Eagle

F18 Hornet

F8 Crusader

A6 Intruder

Dambusters Lancaster

2 x Spitfire

2 x BF109

FW 190

Beaufighter

B25 Mitchell

Sea Vixen FAW2

P51 Mustang

Typhoon 1B

Severn Class Lifeboat

…and a Landing Craft that I will never build. Ever.

All in 1/72

• Like 1

Hi Riot 

Good idea to show off stashes - it might help to guilt us all in to getting on with some building and a lot less buying!!!!

Here's what's in my cupboards at home:

DSC00171

DSC00170

DSC00169

DSC00173

See - even with all those I keep buying them.  :lalala:  I think it should be a registered disease - at least then the wife might feel more sympathetic towards the cause lol 

• Like 3

I've got 2 mountain bikes, a road bike, a cyclo-cross bike and a BMX that all require maintenance. Little plastic aeroplanes are virtually free by comparison.

My entire stash costs less than a set of replacement bearings... Which is why I've spent the entire winter building kits instead of riding bikes in the mud and filth.

Edited by Harry_the_Spider
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

I wasn't sure where else to post it, but thought it'd be cool for everyone to post up what's in their stashes!

I was considering posting this topic as well. There isn't really anywhere for these sort of posts, so I would have put it in 'Chat' so as not to offend the poor lost souls who build targets. If you ask Mike he'll move it.

So here is my micro stash…

bd578a16-6c06-4f14-9436-cc8e187099b8.JPG

I recently attended my first ever model club evening (Coventry & Warwickshire) and they were ridiculing my thirteen kit stash. They seemed to think it was a wifely imposed limit, but she is happy for me to buy modelling stuff – I don't want a huge stash, I don't see the point. There are other kits that I would like, but what you see here represents about two years building time and eventually I would like to do some scratch built aircraft. I will buy more kits, but part of the pleasure for me is bagging a bargain, so I'm happy to wait years for a particular kit if necessary, as long as i get it at a good price. There are exceptions, but they are particular favourites that even at full price, are quite cheap.

looking at your stash, considering the general 'post war' theme, I'm surprised to see the HP 0/400.

• Like 3

Dirt cheap. About £7 IIRC.

Christmas pressies.

kits.jpg

As far as a mid-life crisis goes it is a lot less dangerous than coke and hookers ;-)

Edited by Harry_the_Spider
  • Like 1

I don't have any photos of my stashes (yes plural...)   but I found when i stopped collecting records and CDs,   it was easy to switch to kit collecting... and it cost the same,  I just spent my hobby funds  on something else...

A member here,  @JohnT  I think came up with a wonderful acronym... SABLE, 

Stash Accquired Beyond Life Expectancy.....

I think mines hit that,   not too mention the library accquisitions...

I keep meaning to flog the surplus.... but that seeems like work,  and I  love a "bargain" ....

very restrained stashes on display here is my last thoughts...

• Like 4

Very RAF prominent collections  shown.   The thing is, kits unbuilt, don't really take up space..... its the built ones I have trouble with. What do others here do with theirs? Must be some enormous 'built' stashes around!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paul J said:

What do others here do with theirs?

I have two glass-doored cabinets with glass shelves.  I had them built for me.  This is just for the small stuff---pursuit ships, etc...

Since I might be branching out into larger 1/72nd aircraft, I have commissioned a third cabinet--wider and deeper for larger wingspans.  

All 1/72nd, of course.

1 hour ago, Troy Smith said:

I don't have any photos of my stashes (yes plural...)   but I found when i stopped collecting records and CDs,   it was easy to switch to kit collecting... and it cost the same,  I just spent my hobby funds  on something else...

A member here,  @JohnT  I think came up with a wonderful acronym... SABLE, 

Stash Accquired Beyond Life Expectancy.....

I think mines hit that,   not too mention the library accquisitions...

I keep meaning to flog the surplus.... but that seeems like work,  and I  love a "bargain" ....

very restrained stashes on display here is my last thoughts...

I'm with you all the way there Troy. 

I have mood swings.................... Spitfires...... modern jets................. dam... it's a model at a bargain............... it's only money :doh:

What's the point in having empty cupboards in the house... you have to fill them with some thing.

Dick

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, shatters said:

Only about a quarter of my stash.

resized_c5c6323c-2529-41a8-bdf7-879ccf12

Phil

Some cracking stuff there! Love the Dominies and Airfix Meteor F8! Didn't know they ever did an F.8 in 1/72!

The meteor f8 is an mpm reboxing, all the big stuff is under the bed upstairs and in the spare room.

All 1/72 

Vc10

Victor

Shackleton x2

E-3D 

Lancaster x6

Canberra x4

Nimrod 

And many many more....

Phil

• Like 1
  • Haha 1