Here is my first entry into this GB.

Inspired by @GordonD  and his Lego Saturn V build

My first build for the GB will be the AMT 1/200 scale Saturn V.

Apollo10-001.JPG

So, what is the 10 link, you may well ask.  I will be building this as the Apollo 10 mission.  Gordon tells me that the only way the Saturn V stack could be distinguished was by a small serial on the first stage. On Apollo 10 this was S-IC-5.  The serial may be too small to discern in 1/200 scale so I'll probably use a bit of modellers' licence and make it slightly bigger than pure scale accuracy.

The kit itself is very simple indeed.

Here are the parts for the first stage (mostly...   the nozzles for the second stage are included on these sprues as well)

Apollo10-002.JPG

And the remainder of the parts.

Apollo10-003.JPG

• Like 8

GOSH! I remember making this kit more than forty years ago,

but it goes together well, and the staging hods  together well as a push fit.  engine bells etc fit well and hide their mounting pins, much better than the old AIRFIX 1/144th one.  Service module is correct size, but the command module has no ftting lugs ,  you might have to make up something. I remember it just sits on top. 

Hello @Enzo Matrix ... I was thinking you could do a simple display base for this build using a crew photo like this. yz7GNbF.jpg

Or this

DurnS3Y.jpg

That or possibly the Crew Patch. Its just a thought but i hope at least it gives a personal touch to your build. Both the photo’s are property of NASA, which I believe makes them public property.  

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

As usual, I'm way behind in documenting this build.  So let's move it forward.

Here are the components for the first stage, with the tank painted in international orange as shown in the walkround on BM.

Apollo10-004.JPG

...and then assembled. 

Apollo10-006.JPG

Same with the second stage, although in this case the tank is painted yellow chromate.

Apollo10-005.JPG

Apollo10-007.JPG

• Like 5