Solo: A Star Wars Story - Teaser Trailer

Madmonk

The first official footage of the new Han Solo film was released during Superbowl LII yesterday with a full trailer out later today.

Seems to be okay.

• Like 3

They've gone straight back to McQuarrie for the exterior of the Falcon (at least for some of it). Check out the docking rings from the original Docking Bay 94 painting:

39390877784_d10f030e1e_b.jpg

And and the docking rings on this shot of Qi'ra exiting the Falcon (in Targaryen colors :) ):

39203517465_5ae771d56a_b.jpg

I can't wait to see Bandai tackle that. I hope we get a 1:144 version at least. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, monsterpartyhat said:

They've gone straight back to McQuarrie for the exterior of the Falcon (at least for some of it). Check out the docking rings from the original Docking Bay 94 painting:

39390877784_d10f030e1e_b.jpg

And and the docking rings on this shot of Qi'ra exiting the Falcon (in Targaryen colors :) ):

39203517465_5ae771d56a_b.jpg

I can't wait to see Bandai tackle that. I hope we get a 1:144 version at least. 

The "Kessel Run" (I guess) Lego model has already leaked:

ndoEB8u.jpg

Can’t wait. I’ll be going with MH Jnr who is shall we say, ultra nerdish to the nth degree about Star Wars and all the backstory stuff (he’s still annoyed that Disney have ‘de canonised’ a lot of the peripheral stories).

Trevor

• Like 1

The trailer looks promissing, but the Lego Falcon... The one-piece mandible i snot my taste. Also strange is the ESB like landing gear :think: and all the blue areas. I can understand that the Falcon lost those covers and added lots of grime, but it surely does not look much as if Solo cared about a repaint at any time. Ok - it is just a movie... ;-)

Btw.: There is another thread of the Solo Teaser running here:

Edit: The Lego version looks not much like what is seen in the other trailer. Here the Falcon reminds me on the Y-Wing with covers. Actually the Falcon looks quite cool:

• Like 1

Before it was known as the Falcon SW folklore has it down as the Stellar Envoy which had a blue scheme and I don't see Lando having it as a freighter, more likely a leisure craft!!

I notice that in the interior shots, the controls for the Falcon look entirely different (lots of chrome switches and levers), there is a different Tie Fighter.

38419612380_fb64b57ed7_o.png

Laser canons mounted in port side bulge.

40197729982_9495ccaf4d_o.png

Slightly better image

And you can see "The Falcon" with single mandible too

39332940695_3af5b2467f_c.jpg

and here...

40197729662_9c103cf971_c.jpg

Hope it's fun. Not convinced the actor playing Young Han looks anything like Harrison Ford but at least they haven't been tempted down the dark path of CGI characters.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Revell has three new kits (more for kids ...) on theri webpage from the Solo spin off:

https://www.revell.de/produkte/star-wars/star-wars-solo.html

The kits are:

Falcon with covers all over ("single mandible" which seems to be something removable according to the Revell page/kit - and such)

Imperial Patrol Speeders and

Han's Speeder (powered by two lawn mover engines???)

I hate saying so but it is either what Revell did of it or because of the film design of the later Star Wars movies which I find "lacking". I think the Falcon in the teaser looks quite nice, so I hope it is again Revells interpretation - mind you: They are all "Level 1" kits...

• Like 1

Both sets of speeders are a bit uninspiring, both look like they have been designed round matchboxes!

The Falcon does look good, there has been some debate about the plug between the mandibles but if you look at the Revell site there is an exploded view which shows the ends of the mandibles as we know them and an add in part to fill in the space and extend the mandibles. 

I wonder if Bandai will issue any kits, I'm not holding out as their catalogue from the Last Jedi was poor.

30 minutes ago, Madmonk said:

(...)

I wonder if Bandai will issue any kits, I'm not holding out as their catalogue from the Last Jedi was poor.

Reg. that new TIE Fighter and the Falcon I would thgink they could be nice Bandai kits. Speaking of Last Jedi - frankly not one ship design springs to my mind which I would care about enough to buy a Bandai kit of it. Maybe that is the reason Bandai did not flood the shelves with new SW kits. I am not complaining as this maybe gave them space to bring out the B-Wing this year. Oh-o... :offtopic::sorry:

The Falcon doesn't look too bad with those changes, but i think every other vehicle/ship design i've seen for the new movie looks absolutely terrible so far. It either looks like it doesn't belong in Star Wars or fit in with the previous designs (The new Imperial Cruiser), it's just uninspired (Han's speeder, an extra wide TIE fighter) or both (The Imperial Speederbike). It even extends to the non-vehicles, like the range trooper is a wierd combination of things and Han doesn't look like Han.

Edited by TheVoidDragon