Air ambulance

Hi!

This is my latest effort.

I have always thought that the Italeri kit was lacking in quality, so when I got this Heller kit I was thrilled as it has more finely executed ribbing and engines, alas some things are plainly wrong. The undercarriage legs are suitable only for late/post war machines and fit badly. Also the windows are 2mm too low, so I had to cheat things a bit.

Mind you, if anyone wants to do a film aircraft from the movie Where eagles dare, this is the kit to go for.

Sadly I've changed my mind during the build and finished it like an anonymous air ambulance.

Vallejo and Revell acrylics were used throughout the build and the markings were hand painted. The only decals are a pair of very bad quality swastikas. My goal was to depict a machine that had surwived the winter with a badly washed away temporary white camouflage. You be the judges.

Cheers!

070.jpg

071.jpg

073.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg

079.jpg

080.jpg

081.jpg

082.jpg

083.jpg

084.jpg

Josip

• Like 37

I nearly didn't look at this because I thought it would be a modern helicopter model, but I'm glad I did – excellent result and I particularly like the paint job.

• Like 1

The Heller kit is of much the same vintage as the Italeri, if not slightly older, but was generally regarded as the best option.  Presumably the post-war undercarriage betrays it as being based on surviving French-built AAC 1s, and it has recently been re-released (or announced for) just this variant.