Camair-Co 737-700 - Revell conversion

pinky coffeeboat

The comment about the Classic winglets made me go look at the Daco kit

Now Aviation Partners quote the NG's as 8'2"and the Classics as 7'

I remember that Jennings had a drawing somewhere, but can't find it at the moment, , and there was discussion about the Daco ones being classic ones etc

I also remember when Daco released the kit, I was surprised they were included as I had no idea at the time they were being retrofitted to Classics

So snipping one of the Daco ones off the sprue, and comparing it to the one I have on the Zvezda wing, I was simply stunned, the Daco is on the right

Sacre Bleu

39577749344_8215860207_k.jpgDSCN1211 by qfa_tsv, on Flickr

again with the totally unscientific comparison with the PP Scale Models 1/72nd ruler which show it at 5' in 1/72, so 10' in 1/144

39577746394_d53d2a0889_k.jpgDSCN1213 by qfa_tsv, on Flickr

Now I did try to get them at the same angle, and allowing for parallax error and all that bovine excrement, these are significantly taller.

I think any of the original 3 that you showed are really OK, just need to fettle the Revell one into some shape, otherwise pretty good

• Like 1

Wow!!! I didn't realise the Daco winglets were that size!!

What is it with manufacturers being so slap dash about airliner models? Elsewhere (actually the 'rumourmunger' section) I've just posted something about the new Eastern Express "1/144" Fokker 27 being underscale. What with that disappointment, your picture above, the hash Revell made with the 737 (though it can be coaxed into being reasonably presentable) and more, you could almost get the feeling that the "yeah, that kinda looks about right" attitude exists at kit manufacturers. Imagine if the umpteenth reiteration of the Bf109 or Spitfire had a rivet in the wrong place!!! Imagine the uproar!!! Oh, think Eduard a few years ago...

Jeff (a little bit annoyed)