Bull-nuts M10 IIc Achilles

With two builds ongoing over in the M3/M4 STGB, it may seem foolish to start another GB, however there is reason to my madness which I shall explain later. In the meantime, here is my choice of kit for this GB

Fw1Rsgd.jpg

Sprue shots

p8Z2YsJ.jpg

A short while later, after putting children to bed, I had this.

w382zeQ.jpg

Typical Tamiya quality, shake and bake. I have no idea why Tamiya chose not to add a gearbox housing to the lower hull, I may have to get one from Ian over at Friendship models.

And my reason for starting another build. I was asked over in my Op Husky thread how I did my tracks, so thought I may as well put them together for this build and document it accordingly. I'll put the full process up in the general armour forum, but for the purposes of this build, I now have two of these.

ZQtCHH2.jpg?1

More to follow soon, I hope.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry about the lack of updates chaps, I've not been idle though. I added in the interior set from friendship models. not strictly accurate, but does the job. The interior was painted white, and the seat cushions painted with Citadel Dryad Bark, I then added a thinned wash of Citadel Agrax Earthshade, followed by some chipping with Vallejo German Grey and a piece of sponge, though I think I went a little heavy on the chipping.

UXUCIHu.jpg

Sponson and turret Ammo racks were sprayed gold, followed by a splash of Seraphim Sepia, projectiles touched in with black/silver, and the racks themselves with Ceramite White. Upper hull interior got a coat of white, but I didn't bother weathering it since it can't be seen with the hull closed up. The dash and radio from the FM set were added to strips of plasticard to fit under the sponsons near the end of construction.

Y2a8kON.jpg

Turret interior painted using Mike Starmers SCC15 mix with Tamiya Acrylics, all ancillary pieces brush painted with Citadel and Vallejo paints, and then the turret closed up.

OzdcSzG.jpg

With that done, external equipment was added to the upper hull and the sponson racks added.

kKikHAu.jpg

TBC

Edited by bull-nut
  • Like 2