"To Remember The many" The Tamiya Lancaster 1/48

Johnny,

Outstanding job on the windows and formation lights. Also a belated birthday greeting. Appears you and your lovely wife had a great time. Keep up the wonderful progress and looking forward to the remainder of the construction.

Ron VanDerwarker

• Thanks 1

On 11/04/2018 at 4:47 PM, Buzby061 said:

The Lanc is looking fantastic, the attention to detail is fantastic. Far better than my "Good enough for Government work" approach.

Belated Birthday greetings, great choice of venue for the concert. My wife & I honeymooned in Castleton there in winter 2000, great walks along Mam Tor in the snow & some great pubs. One of our favourite places.

Pete

Thanks Pete. You’re not wrong Castletown is amazing!! 

On 13/04/2018 at 12:46 AM, dave665 said:

Enjoying your build from the back.

The level of detailing on the inside is a delight. The undercarriage ain't bad either. You certainly deserve to be happy with how adding those windows has turned out.

Excellent stuff.

Dave

Cheeres :lol: glad you’re enjoying the build.

On 14/04/2018 at 6:33 PM, TheBaron said:

I see that there's been some consummate Spadgentrification in progress whilst I was away and I must say that feast of structure and colour has been a delight to catch up on Johnny. :thumbsup:

Have you seen Mr. Forkasiewicz's digital works for inspiration btw?

TerrifyingBeauty47.jpg

The level of details on his Lancs, why they're almost legendary Spadgentary!

http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/483/A-Terrifying-Beauty-the-Art-of-Piotr-Forkasiewicz.aspx

Great work fella. Keep it coming.

Nice to have you back bud. Wowza that guys tenders are something else! And Thankyou . :)

7 hours ago, Biggu said:

Johnnie, the window reset is spectacular ! Looks like a factory job.......I'm lovin this ....can't wait for the next update, and a belated happy birthday.....

Cheers

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. :)

4 hours ago, f111guru said:

Johnny,

Outstanding job on the windows and formation lights. Also a belated birthday greeting. Appears you and your lovely wife had a great time. Keep up the wonderful progress and looking forward to the remainder of the construction.

Ron VanDerwarker

Thanks. Not much done this week but I did some bits and bobs today. ;)

4 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Great work on the windows Johnny.  Hope you had a cracking birthday too fella. 

All the best 

Chris 

Thank you sir.

• Like 2

Hi guys.

thankyou for all the lovely kind words. Work has been a trial over the last week and we’re getting ready for a kitchen refurb so the Lanc is suffering somewhat. We were away this weekend and yet another gig. My friends band is doing a homecoming gig in Brum over the weekend so we just had to go. It was a late night so my eyes are like belt holes.

I felt I was neglecting the build so I did a little this afternoon.

first up the silver got re painted on the UC.

41439828412_3b4dd792f6_b.jpg

I’m much happier with the look of that.:yahoo:I decided to stop faffing around and do some gluing so fuselage it is.

41439691562_3afdcd38b2_b.jpg

I was just about to glue when I remembered the pin up girl. (The new window was were she used to be) I nearly forgot to put her back up. So I sorted that out. Luckily I checked the instructions as this bit had to get added before I buttoned her up.

41439686442_1f62cd7281_b.jpg

It holds the mid turret central.

26610400607_ca58ff724b_b.jpg

then everything got glued and pegged. :D

I even put the top bit on. 

40768121174_ec54fee0f0_b.jpg

thevseams are there along the middle of the fuselage, not too bad but I’ll sort them when dry.

the UC got a gloss coat ready for an oil wash this time.

26610401067_8e4c89a6fa_b.jpg

aaand that needs to dry.

not a lot but progress is progress I guess.

I hope you all had a spiffing weekend. Hopefully I can get more time next week.

Thanks for dropping by.

Happy Modelling chums.

Johnny (I’m getting to old for all this going out dancing lark) boy

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 17

1 hour ago, Biggles87 said:

Good to see the fuselage coming together even though we've now lost sight of most of that lovely interior detail.

John

I agree an all accounts :clap:

You should have put some sort of light inside ... :whistle:  :D 

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 16/04/2018 at 6:13 AM, Biggles87 said:

Good to see the fuselage coming together even though we've now lost sight of most of that lovely interior detail.

John

Indeed. One step forward and all that. :lol:

On 16/04/2018 at 8:13 AM, CedB said:

Great stuff Johnny, I love that detail on the internals and can't wait to see how you wash the u/c :)

Thanks me too.

On 16/04/2018 at 8:14 AM, giemme said:

I agree an all accounts :clap:

You should have put some sort of light inside ... :whistle:  :D 

Ciao

Thanks and erm..........no.:P

On 16/04/2018 at 9:42 AM, Spookytooth said:

Looking very nice Johnny.

As for dancing, I `ve two left feet. LOL.

Simon.

Thanks.:penguin:

On 16/04/2018 at 12:35 PM, bobsyouruncle said:

Don't know how I missed this one. Tremendous work.

Amazing detail. Will enjoy watching progress.

Thank you sir. I’m glad you like her.

1 hour ago, rob Lyttle said:

Yep, that still works for me!

She definitely conjures a little spell over this majestic Airframe, and it's contents.

👍 Rob

‘Tis the plan. :D

• Haha 2

Small update tonight from last night if you catch my drift.^_^

happily content that I was moving forward I noticed this!!

26656382887_930ab617a8_b.jpg

what The Who the what??? Another ruddy window. :lalala: and the bomb Aimers window is different from in the kit too. So not to be deterred I cracked the halves apart and started doing this.

26656382707_0a0f6e33aa_b.jpg

looks like the right place.

The still came out.

26656382537_4b63eeaafb_b.jpg

A wee bit o’ sanding and we have this.

40812789824_d48eb14287_b.jpg

not bad. :cowboy: every thing got a tidy up and I made a window like before and TET bonded it in place.

40812790274_fbf7c8257b_b.jpg

That’ll do. I just noticed that the fit of the two halves that got glued isn’t quite straight so I’ll need to sort that. I’d actually planned not to cut the aimers window as the missing bit is clear plastic but it’s just too small. I’ve done the rest of the stupid fixes. I may as well do this one too. Any tips on drilling clear bits? :dunce:

If you look at the pic at the start of this post you’ll see what needs doing. About 2/3 of the window is on the clear part and the rest is on the fuselage. Hmmm that should be fun.

That’s it for now. I said it was short.

Thanks for popping in.

All the best and as always. Happy Modelling chums.

Jont.

• Like 13

Hey Johnny

That 'other window' was the camera aperture . . . 

That B/a's window is from the later Mk. of aircraft so check your reference to the actual aircraft, the kits square downview window may still be viable

Ian

43 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Any tips on drilling clear bits? :dunce:

Cover the area with tape is the first thing that comes to mind - it'll avoid drill bit slipping and scratching. 

Great save with that window, and smooth job :clap::clap:

Ciao

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mancunian airman said:

Hey Johnny

That 'other window' was the camera aperture . . . 

That B/a's window is from the later Mk. of aircraft so check your reference to the actual aircraft, the kits square downview window may still be viable

Ian

Aaah I see thanks. I’m building PA474 so it’s the one in the pic.  There’s no stopping the surgery these days is there. :christmas:

2 minutes ago, giemme said:

Cover the area with tape is the first thing that comes to mind - it'll avoid drill bit slipping and scratching. 

Great save with that window, and smooth job :clap::clap:

Ciao

That’s a good idea. Thanks G.

• Like 1

Fine work as ever Johnny and good save on the camera window. You just need to scratch build the camera now....:P

Oh and have a word with Tony (The Baron), I'm sure he can scratch build you some 1/48 film....

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, Tomoshenko said:

Fine work as ever Johnny and good save on the camera window. You just need to scratch build the camera now....:P

Oh and have a word with Tony (The Baron), I'm sure he can scratch build you some 1/48 film....

Judging by his amazing work on the satellite catcher I'm sure he could scratch a fully functional camera in 1/48.

Andrew

• Haha 1