Max Holste Broussard 1/72 Scratch Built Masters & Models

The model sat on its tail again for the fitting of the prop, the second last detail to go on. The last part, yet to be added, is the small black aerial on the fuselage spine. The part is already shaped from a piece of scrap sprue and is painted, just awaiting fitting.

broussard282.jpg

The end of the afternoon was nice and bright, so I took the Broussard out doors for a few pictures. After adding the aerial, the final stage will be building the A4 frame and mounting the model.

broussard283.jpg

Edited by Army_Air_Force
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The pine box frame was made from some 8mm cladding, cut to a suitable height and mitred at the corners. The Broussard frame can be seen in the corner clamps, and was glued and also uses 'V' nails in the corners to hold the frame together. The deeper frame parts were for the framed Sea King.

broussard286.jpg

A closer view of the clamps and the 'V' nails can just be seen in each corner joint.

broussard287.jpg

Edited by Army_Air_Force

With the model fixed to the studding, it was slotted into a piece of wood with matching holes which held the model upright. I was then able to position the model over the background picture and while holding the wood still, remove the model. This gave me the drilling position for the mounting holes in the background picture.

With the holes drilled, the back of the frame was nailed onto the box frame. The model could then be bolted into the frame.

broussard288.jpg

The glass was then cleaned before adding the mount card, glass and front of the frame, which are held on with metal tabs pushed into the box frame and screwed into the frone frame.

broussard289.jpg

Edited by Army_Air_Force
  • Like 6

• 6 months later...
9 minutes ago, Army_Air_Force said:

I've just sold the last model from batch number two. As yet, I haven't seen any pictures of any of my models completed or under construction.

Hi Steve,

As you know, I bought from you. I am still researching mine as I plan, if I can, for one of the African operators. It'll be something like Dahomey or Madagascar. You'll certainly know once I get to it :).

All my best,

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1