Spitfire Mk.IXc question...1/48

Artie

Hi all.....I've been given a Revell Spitfire Mk.IXc kit (reboxing of Hasegawa plastic), wich included some leftovers from different decal sheets....

I'm aware about Hasegawa's not so accurate kit, despite it looking quite nice in terms of details and subtle panel lines. What made me curious were the teardrop shaped bulges over the wings, supposed to be there to give more room to the  wheels....please, correct me if I'm wrong..

Are those bulges right for an early Mk.IXc????? Would they be right for a later Mk.VIIIc??????

Some of those leftovers are for a 152 Hyderabad Squadron example, wich I suppose come from the old Airfix (ex-Otaki) Spitfire Mk.VIIIc. Always liked the weird look of those far East Spitfires, with the black panther painted on their sleek fuselages.....

Best regards from a cold Tenerife......

Edited by Artie

That's correct. The wheel angle was changed for use on paved runways and this necessitated the wing bulges. If you're building a war time Spitfire you need to sand them off.

Cheers,

Wlad

PS  14 degrees is cold in Tenerife? Sounds like summer :D. We're at -19 degrees here and I just finished shovelling the snow off the sidewalk.

13 hours ago, Wlad said:

14 degrees is cold in Tenerife? Sounds like summer

Well...when you're used to an average of 23º all year round, 14º are serious bussiness....!!!!! :idea: From 1800 meters upwards, everything is covered in snow

Cheers....!!!!