1/144 Revell Corvette

First time posting on this site. HMCS Vancouver built using the 1/144 Revell Corvette detailed with Eduard PE, L'Arsenal and Shapeways. The rails are JR Haynes 1/96 3 bar cut down into 2 bar and wire....they look the part and are much better than the Eduard PE which allowed flexibility after the RCN mods. Thanks for looking

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

• Like 26

Moose - Congratulations - that is a Cracker.  Lovely conversion job on the aft pom pom and searchlight tower.  Super job on the Whaler and davits (Shapeways I presume??)  How did you find the L'Arsenal products?  

The railings really work - thanks for the tip - I'll be getting some of them and nice work on the panther decal (need one of them for HMCS Eyebright).

And finally very nicely rigged and presented - Fab to see such a well built 1/144 Corvette - and Welcome to the site BTW!!!

Rob

15 hours ago, Al Gunthwaite said:

Great work Moose!

I am gathering components to build this. Is it the 1/96 scale etch 3-bar stanchions that you used?  I can see there would be advantages over 2D flat etch rails.

Al

Hi Al...yes to the 1/96 JRH500 3 Bar Equal. Pure luck it scaled out based on the the kit/eduard rails. I used 2 different gauges of wire for the pipe railing and a little thinner for the rope rails, but not sure what gauges. Big fan of your 1/72 RN figures.

Cheers

Ryan