Netherlands Fokkers CV and CX camos?

JWM

Hi,

I am working now on Fokker biplanes and coming close to end I became doubtful about colours. The AZ CX says that should be brown/silver and LF CV reccoemnd green/blue - but I think that should both have similar scheme.

There is a musem Dutch CVD

fokkercvd_willemhonders.jpg

Which has strong (intense) light blue bottom and brownish green top, but this green is dark as Humbrol 75... 

Is it a right interpretation? The IPMS Stockholm name it khaki and recommends xtracolours 251 which is not dark

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2005/06/stuff_eng_dutch_af_colours_01.htm

Any comments on this will be apprecieted

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

Hi J-W,

Check out the Dutch IPMS Websitepages for both Fokkers:

https://www.ipms.nl/artikelen/nedmil-luchtvaart/vliegtuigen-f/vliegtuigen-f-fokker-c5

https://www.ipms.nl/artikelen/nedmil-luchtvaart/vliegtuigen-f/vliegtuigen-f-fokker-c10

Site is in Dutch but I think Google translate can help.

Kind Regards,

Peter

• Like 1

Thank you very much, Peter, for these Dutch IPMS links.

So it looks that C.Vs have been painted dark earth (Khaki K120) overall when sporting roundels and brownish green (Grijs K16) over light blue (Blauw K108) during the 1940 fighting (with orange triangles).

However the C.Xs used the "intermediate" camo scheme with Khaki K120 over Blauw K108 with both types of national insignia.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

Note that the LF Models kit of the Kestrel-engined C.V contains an important error. When they were 'modernised' with the Kestrel engines, the fuel tanks  were also moved from the top wing to the fuselage, as per the C.X. So the top wing should have no fuel tank details, but plain fabric-over-ribs in their place. LF only gives the pre-modification wings in all its C.VD kits..... 

• Like 1

Roger, many thanks for this comment. I did not noticed it on photos, so will skip it... Now it is a last time to make it up. And no fuel tubes below wing!

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1

On 5.02.2018 at 10:45 AM, Roger Holden said:

Note that the LF Models kit of the Kestrel-engined C.V contains an important error. When they were 'modernised' with the Kestrel engines, the fuel tanks  were also moved from the top wing to the fuselage, as per the C.X. So the top wing should have no fuel tank details, but plain fabric-over-ribs in their place. LF only gives the pre-modification wings in all its C.VD kits..... 

Roger, I put my CVD on RFI. Many thanks for hint about wing tank

Regards

J-W

• Thanks 1