Norway 1940: Fokker CVD in winter camo, LF models, 1/72

JWM

Hi,

No 3 finished this year: Norwegian Fokker CVD with Armstrong Siddeley Panther engine, winter camo from April 1940. 

This is a LF Models short run injection kit which is nice to build, with some weak point of course as for short run one can expact. For examle the resin nose is of different witdth than fuelage and one have to trim it a bit to fit. I based camo on photos presented in this book, which I've got as a gift from my friends some years ago (Magda and Andrzej - many thanks again! :) ) :

26201187048_4547b37a8b_n.jpg

Fokker CVD is a unique biplane - no  riging only control cables.  The white zig-zags were in original chalk paint fileld work. 

OK, here she is:

40041713472_0bf63514e2_b.jpg

26201179288_7027515d95_b.jpg

26201181118_930817f7b9_b.jpg

26201182008_53f2b7c968_b.jpg

26201183578_68b06622b9_b.jpg

26201184548_570d95f4b2_b.jpg

40041711062_efd2bc3548_b.jpg

26201185718_928edb1535_b.jpg

26201180148_1091d2d2f7_b.jpg

This is my fourth one Norwegian finished during a year (He-115, Douglas DT-2C, Hoever MF 11) and fifth in collection (including old scratch conversion of Caproni 310). 

Comments welcome

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek 

• Like 21

Hi J-W,

How do you get the time to complete so many models (at such a high standard, too)?

An interesting subject with an equally interesting finish.

Regards,

David

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

How do you get the time to complete so many models (at such a high standard, too)?

An interesting subject with an equally interesting finish.

Thank you David. The time matter - I am a physicist, so relativity of time, delaying it etc are common to me :) - More seriously I am skipping evening TV, most of the days and trying to sit with model each and every day - for an hour at least :). Lets say from 9 PM to 11 PM.  Regarding number of model - it could be rather  No 2/2018,  if I will not count MF 11 which I finished in January but started in last September...But I am doing also some paralel builds - usually 3 or 4 models at differnt steps of work...This Fokker I started in some November I think, for sure before Christmas. 

2 hours ago, John_W said:

Outstanding as always.

Your reference bookshelf must be massive.

Thank you John. Recently I am basing on Internet and always on talks with my Brother  Mike (@KRK4m here on BM) - who is a professional historicial of aviation 

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

Looks good!

Thanks Mike!

47 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

Top job. I don't know where you find all these obscure types to tease us with!

Pete

Thank you very much Pete. I have some concept of my collection of airplanes models: military machines 1935-45. So when I see something which fits to it I have to buy this kit....and explain it later in some way to Mrs. JWM ;) 

19 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Well made and unique aircraft!  Save something for the Winter/Continuation Wars GB!

John, thank you. I almost forgotten about this GB. Still I have some Finns to do like: Gamecock, Shavrov Sh2, Morko Morane, Myrsky II, Fokker D XXI, perhaps also LaGG 3 and Beriev Be 2. I am not decided still about the colours of my Gauntlet: RAAF/Africa or Finn?

Currently I am finishing three other Fokkers among them also  Fokker C.X Bristol engine - likely from Winter War (without yellow tips) - which is less colorfull but I have to do something from Winter War 

Regards

J-W

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Winter/Continuation Wars GB

A Winter/Continuation Wars GB, you say? Has that been finalised with dates?

Regards,

David 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Another nice one Jerzy. I'm surprised you didn't go cross-eyed painting that camo. 

Vinnie, thank you. How I did not get? - oposide, I've got! ;)

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Another Beautiful build Jerzy :goodjob: 

Many thanks, apprecieted!

3 hours ago, TheBaron said:

A physical marvel Jerzy!

You don't shy away from complicated paint schemes do you? :D

Tony

Thanks! - indeed, I like some complicated schemes...The Norwegian are very intersting due to a lot of improvisation there. Each one Fokker or MF 11 was differently painted.

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

Hello JWM,

Interesting subject. Turned into a excellent model.

Can you imagine the backdrop in technology with the German Luftwaffe. 

Regards, Orion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Orion said:

Hello JWM,

Interesting subject. Turned into a excellent model.

Can you imagine the backdrop in technology with the German Luftwaffe. 

Regards, Orion.

Thanks Orion.

Norway was yet before finding their oil, so was not as rich as we could think now. Germany top products (I mean airplanes) in 1940 or 1939 (in Poland) were a step ahead regading products of much stronger countries... England was able to offer help with Hurricanes and Gladiators, not Spitfires as I remember...Moreover, the main German advantage was in numbers of airplanes, not only their quality. 

Regards

J-W