Lufthansa new scheme.

Britman

Saw the new livery in the flesh today for the first time...uninspiring, to say the least. I agree the yellow should have stayed...perhaps make it metallic, a bit darker etc like Singapore Airlines did with their livery change some years back. Instead, we get another boring Euro-white livery...meh. I don't know if I'd label it 'German' though, as they don't seem to like it either.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Launchpad said:

Saw the new livery in the flesh today for the first time...uninspiring, to say the least. I agree the yellow should have stayed...perhaps make it metallic, a bit darker etc like Singapore Airlines did with their livery change some years back. Instead, we get another boring Euro-white livery...meh. I don't know if I'd label it 'German' though, as they don't seem to like it either.

I have seen a Lufthansa A-321 (doing the daily Edinburgh flight) painted in the earlier (60s - 70s I think) Lufthansa scheme with the long blue cheatline extending forward and below the nose. It's a restrained but, very smart scheme. Certainly better than the new one. Sorry I couldn't attach a photo but, you probably know the scheme I'm talking about

Allan

I have seen a Lufthansa A-321 (doing the daily Edinburgh flight) painted in the earlier (60s - 70s I think) Lufthansa scheme with the long blue cheatline extending forward and below the nose. It's a restrained but, very smart scheme. Certainly better than the new one. Sorry I couldn't attach a photo but, you probably know the scheme I'm talking about

Yeah I know that one, trim but attractive...Condor have something similar, both look tidy.

The Lufty retro A321 looks great, flown on one of them (I think there’s two) a few times

I've also flown on one of the Retro A321s (D-AIRX FRA to CPN, sadly now back in the current livery), they looked great.

Saw the new Livery 748 fly over a short time ago, headed to New York according to Flight Radar...I like the shade of blue, but miss the yellow. They could have kept the yellow and perhaps given it a metallic finish or something to modernize it...I still think the new livery looks boring and lacks imagination. Perhaps the company Accountants were involved in the decision?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dadofthree said:

somewhere

Not in the actual look though , they're just Bean counters.. Cost of repainting the fleet (they  repaint a percentage of the fleet each year anyway), all the Company paperwork with logo letterheads,brochures and airport desk updating ,vehicles etc. It would be the same for any Company Facelift. Its great advertising too.. We're all talking about it, in the papers,  trade mags and business news streams

• Like 1

Don't forget the weight factor. There is about 250KG of paint on a 747. The less colours used, the less weight, the less fuel used. The accountants will have looked at the cost of different liveries and would promote what they feel is best. I am a cynic, and I find it hard not to be where accountants are concerned (this is based upon my brother, an accountant).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I agree with Britman...its looks professional and not fussy....very direct....German if you will.....at least to the sterotype...mind you I have also been to some very bohemian areas in Berlin to choose a word so not all stereotypes fit but umm did I say i liked it😚