Lufthansa new scheme.

Britman

I know that Lufthansa like to keep their planes very clean, but I think that they will have to work overtime with an all white fuselage.

Note to self; pick up some 'Lufthansa yellow' paint before it too becomes history. :think:

Dave

• Haha 1

Well, the Yellow circle started 1968 or 1969 ish...I remember seeing 727 and 737s in the older blue and yellow fin strip with Crane Logo in the yellow bit. Suppose it was due a change.

Might be wrong but I can't think of another airline that kept the same fin scheme for 50 years .

Clean ?  When I was working for Lufthansa  1999 ( White Fuse) at Stuttgart at least two were washed in the hangar every day on rotation . One on day shift and often two (737 and A318/320/321 types ) on nights unless we had a casualty kite dragged in . Everything there was "spotless" except the crew room/Pig Sty . They had a wash team so we weren't bugged for it

The A318 was a Daimler Benz Jet that used to go between Detroit and Stuttgart on Chysler/Daimer joint company business, we used to look after it.

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 2

ANy pics any where???:wonder:

Talk of Lufty having spotless planes they even demand spotless, blemish free overhauled and repaired parts too!  I have experience of them at work. Can't even send them out with a tiny scratch!!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Paul J said:

ANy pics any where???:wonder:

Here you go Paul

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/pictures-new-lufthansa-livery-leaks-ahead-of-unv-445427/

Edited by bzn20

Just now, stringbag said:

I believe the designer used to work for Quantas. 

Never liked that scheme either.

Chris.

Yes! It immediately reminded me of qantas.  Change blue for red, Change crane for Kangaroo...

hey presto!

I agree - perhaps Lufthansa should be proud of the fact that it has held onto the same insignia for 50 years. Perhaps that could be a useful corporate symbol of continuity and stability and tradition in a world where these things are sometimes sadly lacking. Perhaps the old symbol was a near unique asset they have just thrown away for no good reason. 🤔

Just saying!

• Like 1

I have been following a similar discussion on a German modelling forum, the past few days. Just like over-there, I seem to be one the few that find the new logo fresh and good :hmmm:

Speaking of Qantas... I LOVE that logo and plan to build an A380 with their livery. 

While at it, go ahead and talk bad about the Thai Airways A380 scheme, as well as that is also on my top favorite schemes list :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, armored76 said:

I have been following a similar discussion on a German modelling forum, the past few days. Just like over-there, I seem to be one the few that find the new logo fresh and good :hmmm:

Speaking of Qantas... I LOVE that logo and plan to build an A380 with their livery. 

While at it, go ahead and talk bad about the Thai Airways A380 scheme, as well as that is also on my top favorite schemes list :lol:

The current Thai scheme has imagination and style,sadly lacking in the Lufthansa sceme in question.

• Like 1

I quite like it, guess because I’ve never much cared for the colour yellow! It does look businesslike 

to bzn20 point, although not quite 50, Singapore’s scheme is largely unchanged - I remember their B707’s in the 70’s(?) with essentially the same paint job as today

SD

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Swamp Donkey said:

I remember their B707’s in the 70’s

That would be some record no doubt from inception to now, 1972-2018. Previously part of MSA.

Here are some interesting Lufthansa schemes

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=new+lufthansa+livery&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjo5r2f4o_ZAhXsCsAKHWINDmUQ_AUICigB&biw=1301&bih=602#imgrc=LJx_KJXXZ2egBM:&spf=1517867821361

• Like 1

Taking the yellow out really reduced the visual punch of the whole livery.

Blue and white are both in the "cool" range as colours go and need a "warm" colour to balance them for best visual effect. With yellow in the design, they had the "warm" colour and the balance.

The new design is clean and sits on the plane well, but my former graphic designer's eye is madly searching in vain for a clear point of visual interest that a spot of "warm" colour would have provided.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bzn20 said:

That would be some record no doubt from inception to now, 1972-2018. Previously part of MSA.

Here are some interesting Lufthansa schemes

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=new+lufthansa+livery&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjo5r2f4o_ZAhXsCsAKHWINDmUQ_AUICigB&biw=1301&bih=602#imgrc=LJx_KJXXZ2egBM:&spf=1517867821361

That would make for some really cool what-if builds! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Britman said:

a few years back?

More like 48 years ! That's when I had a Tonic Tavera suit, Blue/Gold. White Ben Sherman and Oxblood Ivy Smooths