1/144 Millenium Falcon

Okay, having grown tired (for the moment) with continually sanding my 1/72 Lancaster, I decided to take a break and go for a 'quick' build. One with minimal scratching and just straight building to clear the pallet a little. So I pulled my Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon off the Shelf. I hear there are inaccuracies, but I'm not too worried about those as a build-n-go is what I'm looking for.

I will do some battle damage, and I have bought a PE set for the engine grills. Bandai put some nice details under the grates that would be a shame to just cover over with the solid parts provided. I also bought a paint mask set to help out with the clear parts.

Obligatory box art.

Od78Lqe.jpg

The PE set and masks,

H3VAxY8.jpg

And the trees, masked with tape before starting on the side and interior detail.

acu9q0B.jpg

And of course the main hull parts.

dodf0hs.jpg

First off, I used the dremel to start making the damage.

snPEaTC.jpg

GrOAWEG.jpg

I thinned the plastic on the inside before making the gash. I think I made it too thin, making it harder to rough up the edges, but I'll refine that later.

h70rMLO.jpg

FmNfeyl.jpg

And that's all for tonight. I hope to keep a good clip going on this, rather than having it drag on and risk losing momentum on it.

• Like 3

I got a bit more done today. Most of the battle damage is finished, though I will continue to add some as I go along.

In this section I replaced the three pipes that should be bent up.

GlkzAm5.jpg

And I closed up the belly, from the battery pack cover to the gear doors.

52iOedZ.jpg

Then I moved to the cockpit and painted it up.

VOzrPFK.jpg

XGlPNG7.jpg

RqHSQIm.jpg

EBHXHZs.jpg

I'm not too happy with the turret bays though. I wish they had been molded in two halves to painting easier. I'll have to refine the paint in them.

aMohTaD.jpg

More later.

• Like 4

Well, later is now and I got the interiors done. The turret 'pit just needs a touch of dark paint at the spot where the seat joins the floor and then it can go it. Eventually.

Xa3DP8A.jpg

Here we see Finn and Chewie waiting patiently. As well as the 'booster seat' for Rey. Without it she sits too low and looks like a child.^_^

pwI11Ee.jpg

And then the gang is all there! Rey and Chewie and Finn, and Han looking after them all.

dtX3LF5.jpg

sp68g31.jpg

43PolUL.jpg

Next, I'll get the canopy on and masked and then get back to the hull.

• Like 2

This is a short update. Haven't been able to do much work because of... well, work... :penguin:

I pressed the mandibles into place, just to help get a consistent paint color coverage between the sections for when I preshade and then do the white. Not glued yet.  I did though glue the turret 'pits into place, as well as the canopy.

hhOnt4z.jpg

xMyNkQq.jpg

arjEPMx.jpg

And of course, as you can see in the front window, either a strand of hair or a thin string of glue... I'll see if I can get the canopy off tomorrow, but if the glue as set good enough than that's staying. Oh well...:smile:

• Like 1