Frog Hawker Tempest.

stevej60

On 07/02/2018 at 10:41 AM, stevej60 said:

Hi Greg,sadly this kit has no V1 I think that was the Spitfire which had a double stand to show it chasing it,although I have the very kit on my to do 

list for the year!

Hi Steve

You are correct, and as "Blue Peter" would say here's one we prepared earlier

IMG_3783

cheers  Pat

• Like 5

Evening folk's,same as the Typhoon the upper gray sprayed and after masking the white areas sprayed for the ID stripes I have a second option

from scrap decal's both carrying full stripes.

39635317244_7aabbc9dbe_b.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, spaddad said:

Did you manage to find the colour schemes anywhere for the decal options?

Yes Dave,I'm painting her to represent Beaumont's machine which was one of the option's on the sheet you sent,they are on

the windowsill enjoying the sun.

I'ts looking good but for a true nostalgia build (from before you even knew there were paints, let alone being let loose with them) that unpainted blue with the decals applied direct would have made a truly outstanding model, easily visible from Chester, maybe even Durham.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Or the overpassing Space Station !

I really miss the cheery blue plastic greeting me every session!,once I finish the million jobs the missus has left me Ihope toget the stripes

painted.

Hi folk's,and mask on again for the green,got a second coat on tonight so I'm putting the three aside for a week or so I really need to

do something more recently tooled beforeI go mad as I'm building Frog's Blenhiem and Boston off camera too!

40321869512_d7ae9c03c0_b.jpg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Col. said:

For an old tool it's coing together well for you Steve :thumbsup: 

Definitely a different league to what I'm used to Col still enjoyable though!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's,and mask on again for the green,got a second coat on tonight so I'm putting the three aside for a week or so I really need to

do something more recently tooled beforeI go mad as I'm building Frog's Blenhiem and Boston off camera too!

40321869512_d7ae9c03c0_b.jpg

Before you go mad?

Hi folk's couldn't leave it I had to see how the decal's would fare,sadly despite a week in the sun couldn't  get the brown out of the backing film

so trawled through the Tempest photos on the net to see if I could give her a real ID from spare's before a what if  was the only route,I had an old

Whirlwind sheet from Bilek and found a photo http://newchurchvillage.org/history/newchurch-ww2/squadron-photo-gallery/486-squadron/

third photo down on the left notice no codes and the rough painted outline on the F.

39675172354_aba891af05_b.jpg

• Like 7

20 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's couldn't leave it I had to see how the decal's would fare,sadly despite a week in the sun couldn't  get the brown out of the backing film

A week in the sun, in Durham, in February, can't see how that failed to work!

• Like 1