Dates in quotes wrong way round

I've noticed that just lately, today really, that the date of an original post is turned round to the US style when its in a quote

I can't find any setting to check if my set up is responsible, ie is it my date/time setting doing this?

18 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

I've noticed that just lately, today really, that the date of an original post is turned round to the US style when its in a quote

I can't find any setting to check if my set up is responsible, ie is it my date/time setting doing this?

Looks like you will have to check your browser setting. My Google chrome had reset to English (US) once I changed to UK the date format reverted back to Normal.

Ignoring @Max Headroom, who is a well-known silly person :mental: I've just checked an example of the wrong date given to me by the eminent Moderator Julien, and while he sees 01/31/2018, I'm seeing 31/01/2018.  I'm wondering whether it's perhaps a system/browser issue for those affected?  I'm using Firefox and my dates are juicy and British.  Anyone care to tell me which browser they're using if they're getting "wrong" (sometimes known as "American") date format?

Do please check your system's date format first please, by hovering over your clock in the corner (if it doesn't always display the date like mine).  If you're American and your system is set to American date format, only say something if you're getting confusing British or "rest of the world" date format ;)

My computer clock was right, but google was displaying on US Format, once I set the language back to English (UK) which should really be ENGLISH (but that's another story) the forum has now gone right.

Julien

• Like 2

This is the full solution, as it seems to be a Chrome issue.  I wonder if it has just updated? :shrug:

Got into Settings > Advanced (at the bottom), choose Languages, and if English (United Kingdom) isn't there, Add it, then click the 3 dots on the right, choose Display Google Chrome in This Language, and RESTART the browser.

That will reset all your defaults to the correct format, although why that changed for some people, I have no idea :mental:

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Ignoring @Max Headroom, who is a well-known silly person :mental: I've just checked an example of the wrong date given to me by the eminent Moderator Julien, and while he sees 01/31/2018, I'm seeing 31/01/2018.  I'm wondering whether it's perhaps a system/browser issue for those affected?  I'm using Firefox and my dates are juicy and British.  Anyone care to tell me which browser they're using if they're getting "wrong" (sometimes known as "American") date format?

Do please check your system's date format first please, by hovering over your clock in the corner (if it doesn't always display the date like mine).  If you're American and your system is set to American date format, only say something if you're getting confusing British or "rest of the world" date format ;)

I use Firefox for being on BM

My computer clock is showing the date the normal British way, but the dates in quotes the US way. If I put my cursor over an older posting it shows the date in the British way :shrug:

2 hours ago, Mike said:

This is the full solution, as it seems to be a Chrome issue.  I wonder if it has just updated? :shrug:

Got into Settings > Advanced (at the bottom), choose Languages, and if English (United Kingdom) isn't there, Add it, then click the 3 dots on the right, choose Display Google Chrome in This Language, and RESTART the browser.

That will reset all your defaults to the correct format, although why that changed for some people, I have no idea :mental:

I have Chrome as well. This sorted out the reversed dates on BM via Chrome [which until I did this I never use for being on BM] but I cannot see any similar way to change it on Firefox

14 hours ago, Black Knight said:

but I cannot see any similar way to change it on Firefox

is it backwards (wrong, American - you choose ^_^ ) on FF too?  Mine's tickety-boo :)

Just checked again; yup,  in Firefox the date shows as the American way; month/day/year

Its no biggie but I'm not used to it that way and sometimes I have to re-read the date  :huh:

Thanks for taking the time to look into it

If you type about:preferences into your address bar, you'll see Language pretty near the top.  Just check you're using English/united Kingdom (en-gb) and if that follows the methods of Chrome, that should also set your date format and probably currency too :)

17 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

No problem here?

If something seems too good to be true............

It probably isn't :P !!

• Confused 2