Novo Hawker Hunter Old School Build

JOCKNEY

3 minutes ago, Col. said:

Looks to me as if you need new decals Pat :(  Time to raid my stash...

Swapsies, my High quality extremely accurate Merlin Osprey, for some spare Hunter decals, deal ? 

Not a word to Enzo though or will both get detention  :nono:

cheers Pat

• Haha 1

Progress so far, I'm not sure those gaps between the wings and fuselage are as Hawker intended !

Those of you with a keen eye ( i.e. They still work) will notice a seam going all the way round the centre of the fuselage including the 2 half pilots, this despite being an old school build will need a bit of reduction if only to stand a chance of getting the canopy on :P

The second picture highlights the 4 injector marks very well, as this is an old school build they will remain, as they would have done when we were nippers ;)

IMG_3785

IMG_3787

• Like 5

Hi Pat,

I didn't know Novo used the original mold for their Hunter.

Here's one of my original FROG efforts, box stock, even to the red paint!  It's the same mold as your model. The wings fitted just as badly when the tooling was new.

I've taken flak for not even sharpening the nose, but I have rhino hide when it comes to old school builds. ;)

FROG_Hunter.jpg

Edited by TonyW
  • Like 4

I have to say - yes Pat, those decals look to be shot! IMO, it’s just not worth persevering with old decals, they just end up ruining all your hard work and stand out way too much. There’s plenty of AM Hunter decals out there and I’m sure if you decided on a scheme and sent out a ‘wants’ post, some generous BM member will come to your speedy aid. 

Cheers and all the best... Dave 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Progress to report at last

IMG_3805

Yes, spot the school boy error, not enough weight in the nose !

Fortunately, the jet intakes are open so I can pop weights in there to recover things.

H56 underneath, and first go at H163 on top in the picture below

Cols decals have arrived so I am spoilt for choice, which is a really great problem to have :D

cheers Pat

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Thanks to decals from Col, this build has finally been completed all be it too late to join the gallery.

Very well done to everyone who finished in time.

As the original decals were a gonna, I have finished this build in the markings of a Hunter F.4. WW658/O, No 98 San, RAF Javier, Germany 1957.

Picture below, thank you to everyone for the encouragement and apologies again it didn't make the gallery 

cheers Pat

IMG_3908

IMG_3909IMG_3910

• Like 6

On 6/10/2018 at 8:17 PM, Col. said:

Nice to see this one finished and that the decals went to good use Pat :thumbsup:

Thank again Col, really appreciated, I'll pop the rest of the decals back in the post to you so you help the next hapless builder !

cheers Pat

• Like 1

An oldie well done . I have one of these tucked away I was planning on giving it away but after seeing yours I am tempted to bring it to life . 

Martin H

• Like 1