1/72 Matchbox, Henschel Hs 126

1/72 Matchbox
Henschel Hs 126, 2.(H)/23
Russia, Winter 1941

This was done for the Matchbox GB.  The original plan was to build it the "traditional" MB way of factory fresh finish.  Then I came across information about weathering and decided to give it a go.  Change of plan ended up in a winter camo, some heavy weathering and light exhaust staining. Decals are Printscale as given the age of the kit, the original sheet looked well passed its used by date.  Overall a nice kit to build with some forward planning to make some steps easier to complete such as the wing struts.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/604-matchbox-gb-ii/

26173308248_17944b7648_b.jpg

40046733991_32b6a2e089_b.jpg

40046708801_3e5a916d5d_b.jpg

26172565478_582fccf810_b.jpg

26172589848_51f25ae867_b.jpg

39148154465_bf7ac2e6f3_b.jpg

• Like 18

Good stuff. I never built that one as a lad. Probably thought it was a bit boring!

The weathered white is effective. It clashes a bit with the 'bowling green in the height of summer' base though. ;)

• Like 3

Thanks all B)  I do sometimes wonder how the hobby would be today had Matchbox continued releasing model kits.

8 hours ago, IanC said:

Good stuff. I never built that one as a lad. Probably thought it was a bit boring!

The weathered white is effective. It clashes a bit with the 'bowling green in the height of summer' base though. ;)

Someone did call it a golf green when I first posted in the RFI section :lol: I am missing a winter base as I already have a desert and a carrier deck.

Good to see one of the signature Matchbox kits built up so nicely! Except for Rareplanes, I don't think that anybody else made the Hs 126 at that time? Matchbox was quite adventurous with their choice of subjects and we still benefit from it.

The moulding seam around the engine cowling is a bit prominent. Also, the realistic impression of winter camouflage can be enhanced by items like prop blades staying unaffected and moving surface joints being emphasised with, for instance, dark grey instead of white.

Altogether, a very enjoyable lease of life for that old kit!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 03/02/2018 at 2:29 PM, IanC said:

It clashes a bit with the 'bowling green in the height of summer' base though. ;)

Is this any better :) Looks like the Henschel is well and truly stuck... and the army is here to help :cold: The Stug is actually a pre-built model, not bad considering it only cost about a tenner, most kits are around that price or even more.

39066329880_982d2233b0_b.jpg