Airfix B737-200 USAF T-43A

rafalbert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Things are progressing....slowly. Everything now filled and rubbed down awaiting primer. Having seen how others have addressed the window situation, I think my method is probably the worst! Still definitely food for thought for future projects.

IMG_20180308_200019

• Like 5

A coat of primer has highlighted a few flaws which need addressing (including sink marks above the cockpit which I bizarrely missed). More filler and rubbing down to follow.

IMG_20180310_171424

• Like 4

I reckon it takes 3 goes to get the windows filled in and smoothed off.  And I'd swear that sink marks are made at night, by little gremlins with tiny blowtorches.

You fill them in, and the little 'fellas' will make some more for you to discover the next day. ;)

• Like 2

There isn't a right or wrong way of filling the windows, it's more a case of employing the method that suits you best.

As Ray and John have mentioned above, it often takes several applications of your chosen filler to achieve a satisfactory finish.  If you do have to apply any more filler, don't forget the prominent sink marks just above and behind the flight deck area. These are evident on most of the older Airfix airliner kits, certainly on the ones in my stash.

Looking forward to seeing this one progress.

Chris.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Apologies for the lack of progress, work issues are taking over my life! Anyway, some progress is being made, hopefully things will be more expeditious from now on.

IMG_20180415_204649

• Like 5

Hi guys,

Painting virtually done, almost ready for decalling. There will be a slight delay with the decals as I have discovered that one of the "US AIR FORCE" logos has been printed in lower case. I contacted Greg Drawbaugh who apologised profusely and has offered to send a new set asap. As soon as I receive these I will crack on.

IMG_20180422_162408

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Greg Drawbaugh came through and sent the replacements like the legend he is. Now the logos are in the correct font, let decalling commence!

IMG_20180504_070107

• Like 3

Wow that was quick!

How on earth did that font get through!

Looking forward to this - just love airliners in military guise.

Rick

• Like 1

Well I missed the deadline totally (not a surprise for me at the moment), but she is now decalled, just awaiting the antenna and undercarriage.

IMG_20180508_195158

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lovely! Really smart finish that takes me back to airshows at the local USAFE bases. Nice and a real shame you had the decal probs. Please post pics when you do get it finished!

• Like 1