1/144 - new DH Mosquito kit shown at Nurenburg 2018?

Hi everyone, just looking at the pictures from IPMS Germany there is what appears to be a 1/144 Mosquito sprue shown. It mentions RS Models, but does anyone know who is releasing it?

http://ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2018/Bilder_VH/Nuernberg_VH_RSmodels_01.htm

http://ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2018/Bilder_VH/Nuernberg_VH_RSmodels_02.htm

Thanks!

Colin

11 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

Elsewhere it is reported as being Super Hobby.  I don't think that either company is noted for 1/144, but as Super Hobby was linked to a 1/72 2-stage Mosquito model, dong an earlier one in 1/144 may be unlikely.

Special Hobby that is, Graham.

However it does not appear on their 'news' list.

Scroll further - that's five schemes.  The F-Toys come assembled, in packs of 10, and no guarantees just which examples will be in the packs.  Then you can all play trading games...  I understand that the models are tooled by Platz, who have just releases a twin pack of A-26C - there are three in F-Toys versions and the non-released one is the one (typical) I want so I'm waiting in hope.  However, there are a lot of subjects in F-Toys that Platz have not released in kit form.

Which does lead to the question of whether the tools seen at Nuremberg are Platz originals or something new?

• 2 weeks later...

I know that at SMW in November a couple of our IPMS Branch members were asking Mark 1 Models if they were intending to follow up their 1/144th Beaufighter with a 1/44th Mosquito but their staff would not be drawn on the topic.

Our optimist took that as a big YES - our pessimist sank deeper into his abyss!

I am gently hopeful - the differences between marks are small (especially in 1/144th), there are lots of schemes and, perhaps crucially, the Czech Airforce used Mosquitos postwar as well as many Czech-manned squadrons within the RAF.

I'm guessing Mark 1 too.  I have some concerns about the shape of their Beau (didn't stop me buying a few, mind!) but they're good people.  Here's hoping!

Regards

Martin

Yes, this Mosquito is MARK I kit, at the moment plastics are ready to be moulded. MARK I works on decals and boxes now. We were talking about and they expect late March or April to release it.

• Like 1

I am always irrationally pleased when an aircraft type joins the select few which are available in the full set of 1/144, 1/72, 1/48, 1/32 and 1/24 scales.  How many are there?

Mosquito (soon)

Spitfire

Hurricane

P-47

P-51

Bf 109

Fw 190

JU87

Typhoon

Zero

SE5a

Fokker DR1

er..

More.

Source: http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2018/Tag_4/Messe_2018_02_03.html

Mark I aus Tschechien hat für die nächsten Monate mehrere Bausätze der de Havilland Mosquito in 1/144 angekündigt. Die auf der Messe gezeigten Teile versprechen einen tollen Bausatz

.thumb_Nuernberg_VH_Mark_I_Mosquito_01.j .thumb_Nuernberg_VH_Mark_I_Mosquito_02.j

V.P.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Hello,

the Mosquito kits are now being packed to be ready for SMW Telford. Four boxes will cover the bomber variants:

MKM14483        Mosquito B.IV 'Wooden Bomber'

MKM14484        Mosquito B.IV--PR.IV 'Swift Warrior'

MKM14485        Mosquito B.VII--B.XX--F-8 'Canadian Mossie'

MKM14494        Mosquito PR.IV--B.IV 'Special Liveries'

Regards

Michal Ovcacik

• Like 2

Hello Michal,

unfortunately I won't be able to get to Telford this year, so I won't get the opportunity to chat with you this time.  I will however be ordering those Mosquito kits when available here.   I hope you have a great time at the show.

Mike