"Like" broken (and other, like, things...)

OKay

I have fiddled round in Firefox and discovered that simply looking at a prog called duckduckgo yesterday let it install itself in my browser  :(

I have disabled it and now it works

I am off now to see if I can change pages now, fingers crossed folks

I may be some time  :(

Ok that didn't take long

I can browse other pages in a topic now

PHEW

Edited by perdu
testing

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Mike I havent installed any performance booster, (get me any more performance and I'd pop me clogs I fear) but I am getting the pop up that stops me 'liking' stuff as well

It is also stopping me from moving forwards or backwards a page within a thread and is becoming very tedious

That's a bit odd. Can you supply me with a screen shot of these errors by pm please? Also please try Chrome, or god forbid Explorer /Edge, to see if this happens there too? Is guess at it being your end, and you could also try switching off any Add-ins and rebooting your browser too, just to rule that out. :)

• Like 1

Thank you Mike

It seems that inquisitive 'looking at' duckduckgo imposes asecretive part of the browser in the cookies and since I discovered that and went in and eradicated the cookie it has been better

All working better now

for now

If I get more problems I will try to get the screenshot to you

Hi Mike, not capable of trying to send one over your head I promise you

What SEEMS to have happened is, I saw in another forum that several posters were expounding the glories of the duckduckgo search engine as it does not track your queries nor does it let any one else see what you looked at

Now my own use of the net is very limited anyway, so I'm not attempting to hide from you all but I called it up in Firefox to see what it is about

It offered a Firefox add-in so I tested the add-in but was not impressed with the prog/app and cancelled it but it had entered a privacy trigger into FF

I had to go in to the FF add-ins and manually delete something I didnt even know had been put in action

:(

Teach me to leave well enough alone, hope it helps others not to get snared in entangling webs   ;)

Apparently I cannot add any Likes or other reactions today and that is from 0630 odd.

Although it allowed me to do a like in chat at about 0620. It's as if I'm limited again.

I've tried on Chrome and IE. I've cleared browser history & the cache but still no joy.

I'll have another play later. See if it's a time related thing. That has happened before.

21 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Apparently I cannot add any Likes or other reactions today and that is from 0630 odd.

Although it allowed me to do a like in chat at about 0620. It's as if I'm limited again.

I've tried on Chrome and IE. I've cleared browser history & the cache but still no joy.

I'll have another play later. See if it's a time related thing. That has happened before.

I had that happen for about three days a couple of weeks ago. I found that it still allowed me to 'like' things sporadically throughout the day. It was a bit odd, but it hasn't happened since.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Can I join the party.

I have no idea what Perdu is on about but shut things down in Firfox but cannot see anything out the norm.

I can see everyone's like button and it works but I cannot see the like button on anything I post so I am assuming no one else can either.

Could this be the root of my issues? (taken from FF website)

Why do Java, Silverlight, Adobe Acrobat and other plugins no longer work?

Beginning in Firefox version 52 released March 7, 2017, installed NPAPI plugins are no longer supported in Firefox, except for Adobe Flash. Some of the plugins that will no longer load in Firefox, even though they may be installed on your computer, include Java, Microsoft Silverlight and Adobe Acrobat. See this compatibility document for details.

Over the past few years, Firefox has implemented various Web APIs so that websites can do the same things they’ve always done without plugins, so you will most likely not notice any change to your browsing experience.

Looking back over old post I can see all likes on all reply s so I have not a clue.

I hate computers........