This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

bootneck

Am I up to this? - aka Oh dear, what have I let myself in for?

Bloody Hell ! 

I'll be watching this with great interest

Cheers

Some interesting responses there, I just hope it will be worth your time following this.  At least I shall have a good try at this.

I think I have done enough on the drawing to at least print off the diagram at the waterline level (will have to do it all over again for the other five deck levels, including the flight deck, at some stage in the future).

The cross section frames, as show at the bottom of post #23, have been separated out and an example of some are shown below:

hms_victorious_example_cross-section_fra

The plan at the waterline level has had to be printed on three sheets of A4 paper, and then pasted together to make a 1:350 scale plan:

victorious_drawings_10_waterline_printou

As can be seen in the image below, the kit needs to grow substantially to get from 1:400 to 1:350 scale.

victorious_drawings_11_waterline_with_ki

I intend to cut the kit at various points, in line with some of the cross-section pieces, and they should help me to extend and widen the hull to the correct shape etc.  Well, that's the plan :giggle: so it's just a (simple) case of marking up the hull and start cutting. :analintruder:

Mike

This is quite a project - you have my admiration. Good luck, we'll be watching with interest.

In order to know where to cut, I needed to make another plan but this time re-scaled to 1:400.  Once printed, the hull could be placed onto it so that I could mark out the 22 cross-section frames locations.victorious_drawings_12_400_scale_for_mar

By doing that, I will be able to relate the areas to cut when the hull is placed on the larger 1:350 scale plan.

I've started some cutting..........  Coming along nicely!   I have heard that some modellers have binned kits in a better condition than this!

victorious_drawings_15_cut_hull_pieces.j

I had better rename the title for this build, now that I've actually started on the kit; so watch out for a name change.

cheers

Mike

When you have to label hull parts “port” and “starboard”, you are clearly cutting them into unrecognisable pieces!  You’re a brave man, but this is rivetting...

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU

Rivetting?

I bet he uses glue like everybody else BUT you Crisp

Mike is it all right if I watch and keep me gob shut?

I will enjoy this

Although I am miles outside my knowledge zone, you will not be making me a nauticalist just acos I'm making naval 'planes just now

On 13/02/2018 at 12:39 PM, perdu said:

...and keep me gob shut?

Yeah, right..!

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:15 PM, Norman said:

Bloody Hell ! 

I'll be watching this with great interest

Cheers

What Norman said. No going back now.