H&S service and deep clean.

rockpopandchips

Hi

All just after a some advice and recommendation for my much abused H&S Silverline. I want to give it a service and a dame good clean, not my give it quick flush and deal with it later kind of thing, I mean a proper work shop strip down replace all the seals etc type of clean.

I was going to order the Evolution Silverline Repair Kit for for it but is there a reamer I should use it give the inside a good clean before fitting the new parts, I use a lot of cellulose and Lacquers as well as the odd acrylic so god knows what Im going to find inside.

Cheers 

Brian

Talk to Martin at Air-Craft.net @Jetblast - he'll give you an honest appraisal of what's needed.  I never "service" my Infinities, which are essentially the same beastie, but I do keep a stock of spares on-hand in case they're needed.  If you strip out the needle, nozzles and the needle spring assembly (can't remember the name of it), clean it thoroughly, you should then be able to tell what (if anything) is wrong with it, and take it from there :)

• Like 1

Personally I don't bother with the reamer, it can cause more problems than it solves if you aren't careful.  I tend to use micro brushes and a magnifier for cleaning and checking inside the nozzle.  

I would buy the full O ring set ,  123910 O ring set

The screwdriver to change the needle seal O ring  123933 Needle Seal Screwdriver

Plus any other parts that are looking old or are damaged, such as needle caps, needles, nozzles.

If you are doing a lit of fine work, it may be the right time to invest in the infinity pinch clean aircap for the 0.2mm nozzle.

There shouldn't be much more than that unless you find something else like a damaged spring.

The brush strips down very simply and logically, just check & clean each part, then put it back together.

Paul

• Like 1

Thanks for your help Mike/Paul.

I have stripping the AB down and the needle seal is on its last legs but that wasn't a surprise but the air valve feels a bit stiff, i will open that up next to see what that looks like. I'm very surprised at the general condition of the AD, its surprising clean looking for 

Brian.

37 minutes ago, rockpopandchips said:

Thanks for your help Mike/Paul.

I have stripping the AB down and the needle seal is on its last legs but that wasn't a surprise but the air valve feels a bit stiff, i will open that up next to see what that looks like. I'm very surprised at the general condition of the AD, its surprising clean looking for 

Brian.

Air valve probably only needs some lube on the top.

Paul

• Like 1

If you were using lacquer thinners to clean it and they got to the air valve maybe the rubber seals are swollen causing the trigger and/or valve piston (can't remember the correct name) to move harder than usual. Not sure if this model has any adjustments on the valve, but if you over-tighten the valve on assembly the trigger will have a hard time moving because of the top seal catching on it.

Also, like Paul suggested, a bit of airbrush lube can help with the problem.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, O rings are available for all the Iwata brushes, but not sets. They do cost a lot more than H&S, around £5-6 per o ring, so you normally just change the failed ones.

Airbrushes.com have all the spares listed  & priced on their site.

Paul