Under fuselage lamps on F7F tigercat?

neilh

Hi, am building the AMT F-7FN Tigercat and it looks to have three engraved circles under the rear fuselage which look suspiciously like they may be representing coloured ident lamps found on other aircraft of the era. I've looked at many many online walkaround sources and cannot see any shots taken direct underneath that show them.  Wondering if they are lamps ( there are no clear parts or reference to them in the instructions) and if so what colours they would be?

I thought I had posted an answer to your question, but guess I didn't hit 'submit.' As Lawzer stated, those are ID lights and they are indeed red/green/amber from front to back. The bulbs are clear- it is the lens covers that are colored. None of the Tigercat walkarounds I have show the ID lights....walkarounds are seldom photographed by modelers, who know what little details to look for and record.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks to both of you. I'll use Gunze clear colours over the silver I dropped into the recesses I drilled. Should hopefully look correct. As you say, there are so many fantastic reference shots in the walk arounds we can now find for free on line, but also some key details often missed for modellers with tantalising shots just missing the area we want. I even watched some you tube videos of flight displays of Tigercats in case the underside was visible in some flypasts!

• Like 1