1/72 Canberra B.2 10 Sqn RAF

6 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

Dave @Rabbit Leader and @Black Knight what form do you want it to take?I have an idea but I don't want to bore the pants of everyone! Sorry @Julien for the drift!

John

No worries here John.

I still have that Airfix kit to build you sent me the bits for.

Julien

• Thanks 1

Just now, Black Knight said:

most very well done on them too

Do you need one more on the top rear of the port engine?

Yes, missed that one, then along the middle of the wing, then both inner wing sections. Masking them to paint is time consuming but worth it.

Julien

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Just start a thread in either 'Chat' or 'Cold War' forums

A new thread in ‘Cold War’ would be great John. Ill leave the format lay-out up to you, I’m sure it will all make sense and come together easy enough for all of us to understand. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know I have not made it over the line with this one but I still intend to finish it. The walkways are now done. I painted the tip tanks but the highspeed silver showed up a few flaws so they have been stripped, polished and are now ready for some black primer. The top coat has been polished out in the hope it replicates a little some high UV weathering and a little wash has been applied to the air brakes, apart from that there will be no additional weathering as they kept these very clean as far as I can see with the finish spec of High gloss. Once the walkways have dried properly I will apply some polish to the finished paint to gloss it up.

10sqn20.JPG

• Like 7

Yes, if I build another I will put weight in the back cockpit. I put seats complete with handles in there and you can only see a tiny fraction of one of the handkes through those small top windows. 

Cant imagine what it was like flying on the back of one of those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Julien said:

Yes, if I build another I will put weight in the back cockpit. I put seats complete with handles in there and you can only see a tiny fraction of one of the handkes through those small top windows. 

Cant imagine what it was like flying on the back of one of those.

Hi Julien, looking very nice.  I can tell you that the rear seats in a Canberra are not the most comfortable places to be, I flew in a B2/T4 from Farnborough to Warton in early 1961 when I was doing my National Service in the RAF, all you can see is a small rectangle of sky through the window above your head, very claustrophobic, but, mustn't complain, it was another aircraft to add to my list .

• Like 1