Decent MAC valves and quick release connectors anywhere?

Lightningboy2000

I was about to place an order on ebay for a 1/8" connector MAC valve for my airbrush, both for the quick release to use with another brush and for the extra adjustment.

I've seen this one but should I really be thinking about spending more on a better one, are they of any quality or is it a matter of using PTFE and locktite with threads etc?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airbrush-Quick-Release-Coupling-Disconnect-Adapter-1-8-Plug-Fitting-Part-HS941/122896161478?epid=2227708271&hash=item1c9d2e9ac6:g:8kQAAOSwSutaTm4Y#shpCntId

Only I thought twice about ordering. Are the cheap ebay ones any good? Where/who should I really order from?

From experience can anyone point me in a better direction?

Cheers Martin

You do only get what you pay for, but give it a punt if you feel lucky.

We only stock the ones made by Harder & steenbeck.

Prices, air valve part £4,  Quick release adaptor for hose £9 or £16 with an air regulator.

http://www.modellingtools.co.uk/connectors-hoses--fittings-136-c.asp

Paul

• Thanks 1

Got mine from ebay and they've been fine, not sure about the MAC valve as I have one airbrush with it and never have used it, prefer to turn the one on the compressor down, then I have an idea what pressure to spray the next time with that paint/thinner mix

• Thanks 1

I've had one for a while and some friends use them too (the cheap ones). They don't leak, I used mine for a few years and it was still fine when I gave it away. The only downside is the air adjustment: you need to be very gentle with it because the "knob" doesn't turn too much (or at least it didn't on mine). 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, colin said:

Got mine from ebay and they've been fine, not sure about the MAC valve as I have one airbrush with it and never have used it, prefer to turn the one on the compressor down, then I have an idea what pressure to spray the next time with that paint/thinner mix

To be honest I wish I could set my compressor valve like you say, but I keep getting different results each time. My compressor valve only seems to like increments of five psi. I've not been doing this long, so maybe the adjustment should be like that. 

I had a nightmare trying to get Vallejo Model Air Black to go through the airbrush consistently, then it was a case of air only. I have sprayed other colors fine with the same mix but it was a pain in the neck with the black. 

3 hours ago, bmwh548 said:

I've had one for a while and some friends use them too (the cheap ones). They don't leak, I used mine for a few years and it was still fine when I gave it away. The only downside is the air adjustment: you need to be very gentle with it because the "knob" doesn't turn too much (or at least it didn't on mine). 

I think I will give one a go. I've seen one with a valve and a couple of spare quick release attachments. Only one way to find out at not too much expense.

Thanks for your help.

Martin