1/72 - E.E. Canberra by AMP/MikroMir - B.2, T.4, T.11 & T.17 released

Homebee

Very unexpected, but very welcome. I will certainly look out for this one! 

The Swedish Air Force had two Canberras and both are actually "preserved" today. 

One is standing outside the Flygvapenmuseum (Air Force museum) and the other is in the Svedinos Museum in the south of Sweden. 

Both have suffered badly after standing outside for many years and they really need some TLC

However, on the positive side, they haven't been scrapped so thats good... 

WjoAYtV.jpg

Glze6kb.jpg

FCT0yqM.jpg

That nose is sexy isn't it? B)

Andreas

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/02/2018 at 10:52 PM, general melchett said:

Hopefully, there are plans to restore them at some point.

Don’t bet on it: if they can leave the prototype Viggen languishing outside to the extent where the only option was scrapping what hope have a couple of manky old common-as-muck Canberras got?

Edited by stever219
Punctuation error by auto-incorrect

Good point but you can only hope, unfortunately, it's a common problem, just look at Cosford and the one remaining complete Vulcan B1. I realise that they don't have the funds to restore every exhibit but hopefully they'll see that these aren't just a couple of common-as-muck Canberra subtypes, same goes for the ELINT Caravelle.  

11 hours ago, robc said:

I see S&M have also announced a boxing of the T.11 as well as a PR.3/PR.7 for 2019.

" Also for 2019 S&M Models will release 1/72 injection kits of the Canberra PR3/7 and Canberra T11 "

http://sandmmodels.co.uk/misc-news/mustard-arrives/

Rob

Excellent news, I have been struggling with a conversion for the Airfix BI 8 so will be having a T11 when it comes along.

Duncan B

That sounds like great news.

Im hoping someone will do a nice set of the correct style B.2, PR.3, T.4 (and T.11/19, T.17, TT.18 + some exports) mainwheels for these kits, rather than the B.6 and onward type in the kit.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 71chally said:

That sounds like great news.

Im hoping someone will do a nice set of the correct style B.2, PR.3, T.4 (and T.11/19, T.17, TT.18 + some exports) mainwheels for these kits, rather than the B.6 and onward type in the kit.

I like Canberra TT.18 ...

• Like 4

Thanks for posting that photo James.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen an image before that shows the skin joints on the B. 2 wing tank areas as clearly and subtly as that.  Also it’s amazing how filthy the undersides got: if I’d seen that depicted on a model I’d have thought it “over the top”.

WH646’s front fuselage is now with the Midland Air Museum (indoors😁) at Coventry wearing the later Camouflage Beige🤮 and Light Aircraft Grey Camouflage.

Edited by stever219
Auto-incorrect strikes again.
  • Like 2