1/72 - E.E. Canberra by AMP/MikroMir - B.2, T.4, T.11 & T.17 released

Homebee

12 hours ago, praded-dembelya said:

Accepted :) We will make new wheels. This time we did not include in the set the nose wheel doors. Meу be next time.

I need information about Canberra TT 18. To be precise, the target containers. 

Here is a list of links to TT.18 albums on my site,

TT.18 Album (80 photos)

TT.18 WJ574 and WJ614 (473 photos)

TT.18 cockpit (18 photos/drawings)

Things under wings, including winch pack

Wheel's, this includes B.2, B.6 and B.57 main wheels and nose wheels plus wheel well's

pVYnEj.jpg

John

Edited by canberra kid
added another link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, praded-dembelya said:

The new wheel.

Bezymiannyi_800.jpgi.gif

Will these wheels be sold as standalone items? - I would think they may be quite popular! 

Cheers and thanks for listening.. Dave

• Like 2

It's a bit had to do on the low resolution image but I've highlighted in red the wrongly placed or fictitious panel lines and the correct or missing ones in yellow. I've not looked closely at the fuselage yet. It would be interesting to see the underside of the wing too as there was a lot of suspicious detail on the B.2.

p9ytsP.png   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello,

had the chance to have my hands on a colleague's S&M B.2 kit. I'd like to mention another point:

In the book "Lincoln, Canberra & F-111 in Australian Service" by Stewart Wilson on page 97, the sweep angles of the leading and trailing edges of the main wing are mentioned. They are stated as 13° 33' and 19° 53' respectively. On the kit the leading edge angle is about OK but the trailing edge angle is around 21°, thereby shortening the wingtip width and the length of the tiptank. According the data from the Canberra SIG the length of the tiptanks should be around 60mm in 1/72, the kit is around 50mm.

So far I found no further references proving the data stated in the book and I wonder if there have been two or more tiptank types used on the Canberra which could lead to confusing measurements. Has anyone more info on this?

Regards,

Martin

Edited by MVW
kit tiptank length is 50mm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Martin

There has only been on type of tip tank, although as with everything they have undergone modifications over time the nothing that has affected the overall dimensions. AS for the wing, that could also account for the incorrect wing plan. 

peq9hN.png

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/03/2018 at 5:01 PM, canberra kid said:

Much, much better, just make sure you get the dimensions right too.

John

John, so is the earlier B.2 wheel slightly smaller than the later B.6 type? Is this noticeable in 1/72? 

I decided to crack open my S&M B.2 kit today as I was suffering from a little modelling mojo loss. Although I’ve not had any issues so far, it’s certainly not your typical shake and bake kit is it? Then again, I find kits that require a little thought to assemble keep me motivated, so hopefully this one will get finished. 

Cheers and thanks for raising this issue to trigger this question.. 

Dave

Hi Dave

No nothing to worry about in 1/72. I was Just saying, if like the rest of the kit you have a clean slate and the necessary information get it right first time.From what others have said it's not a bad build, it should be fun and the end result is pleasing to look at. 

John

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

John, so is the earlier B.2 wheel slightly smaller than the later B.6 type? Is this noticeable in 1/72? 

Only slightly, the wheel hub diameter is 19 inch on B.2 types, 21 inch on B.6 and later.

Off the top my head, section and overall diameter remain the same at 13.5 x 43 inch.

I'm well happy with the wheels shown above and also the tailplane junction work, great to see effort is being made to correct details.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MVW said:

In the book "Lincoln, Canberra & F-111 in Australian Service" by Stewart Wilson on page 97, the sweep angles of the leading and trailing edges of the main wing are mentioned. They are stated as 13° 33' and 19° 53' respectively. 

So far I found no further references proving the data stated in the book and I wonder if there have been two or more tiptank types used on the Canberra which could lead to confusing measurements. Has anyone more info on this?

That data is backed by the AP data, I would take that as correct.

If it helps, the chord at it's widest is 19 ft, reducing to 7 ft 8 in at the last rib before the wing tip

• Like 1

3 hours ago, canberra kid said:

peuMWq.png

John

Is that a B-57 drawing John?

I only ask as the 80" (6 1/2 ft) dimension given at the wingtip is an odd way of measuring it as it is uses a 'non existent' projected measurement.  

In fact I now wonder if this is the measurement that S&M used for the original tooling as that would throw out the chord (by about a foot) and thus the leading/trailing edge angles.

4 hours ago, 71chally said:

Is that a B-57 drawing John?

I only ask as the 80" (6 1/2 ft) dimension given at the wingtip is an odd way of measuring it as it is uses a 'non existent' projected measurement.  

In fact I now wonder if this is the measurement that S&M used for the original tooling as that would throw out the chord (by about a foot) and thus the leading/trailing edge angles.

It is the B.57A James, it is a strange projection, I've checked with the other measurements in the T.O. and it would appear the 80" is the wing box section from the leading edge to the wing rear spar minus the aileron shroud. 

peX1lN.png

John

• Like 1

Coincidently that might right John, but what the measurement is in the first diagram are projected lines of the leading and trailing edges where they intersect a line at the very outer edge of the wingtip. ie an imaginary point, that's why I wondered if it's was American as I have never seen that on a British AP.

It would be quite easy to misinterpret that measurement and just trying to judge from the info Martin mentioned earlier, I do wonder if that explains the shorter outer chord and corresponding increased trailing angle of the S&M kits?

Edited by 71chally

Hi James

Yes I agree, it is an odd projection, I'm sure it must mean something to someone, perhaps it's something to do with working out area? it's beyond my small brain! Any way, I've found another drawing this time from the Mk.20 illustrated parts catalog which for some obscure reason gives the max cord at the tip measurement, it's odd what they pick to call out in the AP's. 

peZwVc.pngJohn 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, canberra kid said:

...for some obscure reason gives the max cord at the tip measurement, it's odd what they pick to call out in the AP's. 

John 

That is the way it is normally measured (even in British APs) John, as it is the last dimension of the component in question. ie the chord goes from 19 ft at its widest to 7 ft 8 in at the narrowest, the last rib at the wing tip attachment.

The 6 ft 6 in dimension given the B-57 AP is arrived at through imaginary projected lines.

Anyhow, I guess it would be way too late to correct the wing molding of the kit.

Do you know where the length discrepancy is in the fuselage?