Thinning Tamiya AS -12 from spray can

beetcleaner

26 minutes ago, beetcleaner said:

About to try decanting and airbrushing Tamiya AS-12 for my first attempt at NMF. What thinners should I use as I have never used Tamiya paints before?

Thankyou for any advice

I swear by Gunze's Mr. Levelling Thinner. It's not cheap, however it's a lot cheaper than binning a model because you don't like the NMF you've achieved!. 

It's honestly my go-to product for all my AB painting and works wonders with AS-12. Be prepared to lay it on thin and lightly. You may need to apply it 3-4 times before you get the solid paint look you're after.

You can also use AS-12 straight out of the Rattle Can as it behaves pretty well this way too.

One you've used it, I'd be surprised if you use any other thinner. 

Cheers.. Dave.  

Dave

Thankyou for your advice, i will go with that. It's for a silver finish on an Airfix 1/48 Meteor. i know that Tamiya AS-12 is for a NMF finish but I'm finding it difficult to get a good "silver" finish paint. Currently finishing another Meteor and I used Humbrol 11, thinned 50/50 onto a black base and it looked like liquid sugar. Horrible finish, so I want to get better results next time around.