Formula one last season 2018

Arachnid

Agree, but I still blame the BBC for not having the balls to carry on with their broadcasting rights and not listen to licence paying moaners. Whether it was true or not, I heard they were actually making money through selling their broadcasts overseas.

That being said, the sky coverage is very good, it's just a shame you have to buy it as a bundle which hikes the price up further.

John

I have no doubt that by 19' or 20' we will have another channel pick it up... 

I agree though the BBC coverage was pretty good they had all sessions live on the red button for practice so that never interfered with usual Friday morning tv, quali and the race live with no breaks was also better than sky as they still break the build up. Itv was also pretty good near the end for them, their problem was they were just dated and stereotypical of how the average person see f1. BBC brought more youth into it with Jake Humphrey host with brundle, kravits, coulthard and McKenzie all playing roles. I mean Steve Ryder and jim rosenthal were good presenters just lacked that edge to get a younger generation intrigued also most of the late 90s and 00s generation would have watched Jake on BBC kids shows and motd so he already had a following before f1 which probably helped the viewing figures. 

Shaun 

P.s. just hope Ferrari doesn't slump back again after a strong 17' as traditionally they are normally stronger in the second year of new regs. 

Aren't F1 going to have their own streaming service for 2018?

I expect it to be expensive, though, as even their iPad app is over A$4 a month just for live timing plus a few extras. Netflix is $12 a month for hundreds of tv shows and movies.

if they get the pricing right, they will win back a lot of viewers. Maybe they could do a deal with Netflix or Amazon Prime?

The key manufacturers aren't too happy with this as they loose out of their image being shown all around the world free of charge, I watch it as the sky package I have lets me view it, but there's only so much I and I dare say a lot of others are willing to pay. I mean it's not the most exciting motor sport out there at the moment is it.

As a side note it's not going down to good in Italy, their loosing their free to view coverage and Ferrari aren't too happy about that

• 3 weeks later...

I think it STINKS!!!! They (the new governing body) obviously don't care about the fans at all. Just like the politicians, they say what you want to hear to get the support, then screw you out of even more  money. In my eyes, the spirit of F1 died many years ago and I, for one won't be watching anymore! Ok, rant over now!!:lol:

• Like 3

This like football, golf and all the other mainstream sports/games/etc it's now all about money and as long as we the fans are willing to pay what are now ridiculous charges to watch/follow or buy whatever from each the money grabbers behind it all will keep racking up the price.   Its all very simple if we don't enough numbers they will be forced to reduce the price, thing is a lot moan but keep paying.

Personally I've stopped I used to be a ardent GP /motoGP/WSB etc now I don't go to any race meetings they're a massive rip off especially Silverstone  others aren't much better your herded into crap corners or sections of the straights.  All the good stuff is either premium on top of the entry or given over to cooperate parking, drink and food are a joke same goes for shows in the NEC and alike . Its a real shame but it's the reality of whats happening.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Richard E said:

As an alternative, ITV4 will be broadcasting all of the British Touring Car Championship race meetings live until at least 2022

I LOVE the BTCC! What an excellent championship....plenty of on-track action and good close racing!!!:D

• Like 1