شيرمان فرانكشتاين (Frankenstein's Sherman)

10 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Are you going for an Egyptian M4 Sgt. ? Maybe with the transplanted AMX turret ? If so looking forward to seeing it built. 

You sussed me.....Yup it's this:

8526093518_82e2c61e66_b.jpg

But only once the M4A1s are built (not painted).....I'm inundated by sprues at the moment, so I literally can't start on it until I'm clear.  :frantic:

I'll be using bits of the UM M4A4 & M4A2 kits, a Model Miniatures turret and gun (if I can salvage the muzzle brake).....If anyone knows of an alternative sorce for this gun in 1/72 it would be very welcome.

• Like 6

It was just a bit of a teaser TBH fella, I've added a translation to the title and I'll amend it properly once there's actually something worthwhile to see (my components list might change quite radically yet).....At the moment it's a lot of bits that I can't take photos of because there are M4A1s or their sprues everywhere.  ;)

• Like 1

On 30/01/2018 at 11:28 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

If anyone knows of an alternative sorce for this gun in 1/72 it would be very welcome.

Be careful what you wish for.....Another 'Oh FFS!  :doh:' moment courtesy of UM:

axIbupE.jpg?1

You cannot imagine how irritating this is for me!  :wall:

PS - Having said that I can already see mistakes on that kit, but on the other hand their muzzle brake won't be full of bloody bubbles.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, SleeperService said:

I've got Vasko Barbic's article from Mil Mod to hand.

Don't suppose I could get a scan of theat could I fella? 

I'll be working mostly from tourist photos of the preserved example and a build article I found on (IIRC) Armorama.  :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not going to happen in the timescale sadly, I got into a bit of a funk over using the wrong kits for my M4A1 build and have mostly just 'stared resentfully at them' for a while.  I'm over it now, but whatever was I thinking?  :doh:

• Sad 1