1/72 Airfix Mustang (Be gentle - first one I've done in 30 years!)

1/72 Airfix P51-D Mustang starter kit.   Okay it's taken me two months on and off (more off than on really) but found it  a mix of relaxation/frustration/elation over these dark winter nights.

Coloured in with mostly a flat hairy stick and then dirtied up. I throw myself at your mercy!  ;-) 

TTFN   Steveresized_92a81a5a-b87f-4f3a-833a-49bc1de2resized_cdc55896-fef8-4f2d-93ce-175a1de0

DSC_9790_zpsuusgpljs.jpg

DSC_9788_zpsv5nhv2ea.jpg

DSC_9787_zpsx1s5mo3x.jpg

Edited by Popeetog
  • Like 32

Ta muchly peeps!  Yep, hairy stick on top but underside was A/B'd  - wasn't confident enough to work up the camo so Mr Brush was my friend. Weathering could have been better and I know the yellow prop tips are too wide!  

And why I spent sooooo long fiddling on bits which can't be seen I just don't know. Is that nornal?  LOL And at 1/72 my eyesight is not what is was 30 years ago - I blame the misuse of  single malt over the decades.  

• Like 2

Afterthoughts from me. Did have a disaster with the radio mast - it was surrounded by sprue and did not come away clearly. :wonder: Hence the memsahib's cooking blow torch and stretched sprue to make another one.

Used microsol for first time too - scary as applied but happy with the wrap-around-and-on appearance it's given decals. Im my day is was just warm water and dunk 'em in, whack 'em on!  Ah well, different times! 

Edited by Popeetog
spel chek did know werk
  • Like 1

As someone who has just started an Airfix 1/72 Hurricane after nearly as long a time period, I'm saying that 'Stang looks real good! I hope my Hurc turns out half as nice.

Chris

• Thanks 1

Oh good old photobucket, rhymes with :swear:.....hmmmmm, .you get the picture, or rather, don't. Apologies for doing it this way as a quick fix.....but it's late.  

Edited by Popeetog
  • Like 1

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - the Mustang always looks better in camouflage than NMF (the British markings don't hurt, either). Nice job!

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
An ever-so slight change, hardly worth mentioning.
  • Like 2

Great job!

Welcome back to the hobby.

I came back after a hiatus of about the same time.

I now have a new compressor, airbrush, paints, stash, tools, cabinet of glory, books, magazines, magnifiers, hobby room.............and my wife hasn't quite recovered.....yet :)

• Haha 1