Greek Pzl P.24G - 1/48 mirage Hobby

Dear friends,

After the Avro Anson 

another example of the WWII Greek Airforce. It is the Polish-made PZL P.24G in 1.48 by Mirage Hobby. The kit has some difficulties, namely it is a challenge to fit the engine in the cowling, and get the exhausts right. But in general it went OK. I used Gunze and AKAN colors  and Microscale's mat varnish. Sorry for the photo quality, I try my best but...   

Hope you like it,

Dimitris K.

DSC07725_2.jpg 

DSC07729_2.jpg

DSC07731_2.jpg

DSC07742_2.jpg

DSC07743_2.jpg

DSC07802_2.jpg

DSC07776_2.jpg

Edited by Dim_Thessalonica
  • Like 38

Very nice! I just landed in Athens and will be in Thessaloniki this week too, so I just have to praise this model! Very nice :). An unusual subject in unusual marks (for the type).

Martin

Thank you all for your comments.

5 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Lovely work!

How did you weather the panel lines?

John, nothing special. It is old good panel wash with dark brown enamel. But the corrugated surfaces made it a bit difficult.

edit: add to this a light post-shading of random panels

3 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Very nice! I just landed in Athens and will be in Thessaloniki this week too, so I just have to praise this model! Very nice :). An unusual subject in unusual marks (for the type).

Martin

I wish you a nice stay at my home city. Many great places to go out, if you have the time. Obviously, I m a proud Thessalonian, but the last years I live in France.  

Edited by Dim_Thessalonica
  • Thanks 1

Your pictures are great,your Pzl P.24G is excellent.I admire the wash that you hv given to the plane.The Pzl is one of those gull wing aircrafts (bought several chaikas) I would love to have especially a Greek one.Will give the Mirage kit a try in the future!

• Like 1

Hi,

an outstanding built, extremely well built, with a special mention for the cockpit! The paint job is outstanding, which does not harm!\

Congratulations!!!

JR

Edited by jean
  • Like 1

Like it?,....... I love it,......what a cracking little model, I love Greek subjects and really fancy building one of these,.....I`ll be using yours as reference, brilliant job,

All the best wishes,

Tony

• Thanks 1