Nakajima B5N2 kate 1/72 Hasegawa

Bom dia,

This my last build, the Nakajima B5N2 kate 1/72 from Hasengawa. Old, but still a good model, has some nice details, and not many issues with the fitting...

It was a great chalenge the use of the airbrush on this weird camo... it didnt came out has i was thinking, but i think it not awfull...it was great to improve the skill with the airbrush.

Here are the photos;

Tratado_DSC_5846.jpg

Tratado_DSC_5865.jpg

Tratado_DSC_5866.jpg

Tratado_DSC_5870.jpg

Tratado_DSC_5872.jpg

Tratado_DSC_5882.jpg

Tratado_DSC_5883.jpg

Tratado_DSC_5885.jpg

Tratado_DSC_5889.jpg

Tratado_DSC_5893.jpg

Tratado_DSC_5895.jpg

Tratado_DSC_5896.jpg

Tratado_DSC_5899.jpg

Tratado_DSC_5900.jpg

Fell free to comment and critic !

Thank you

• Like 25

Hi,

I am not really up to date on Japanese camouflage patterns,but your airbrush skills are not too shabby (this is coming from someone who has never even held an airbrush...).

If the camo is not the right one, at least you'll be alright with our next Italian plane!

Good job!\JR

1 hour ago, Phantome said:

Love the paint chipping on the underside... what technique did you use for that?

I used the AK heavy chipping product.

I gave it a nice aluminium base, then applied X-22 clear tamiya and let it dry...then the AK heavy chipping products and let it dry for half an hour or something and aplied the green/gray...let it dry for another half an hour, and finally with a harsh brush with water rub it a bit untill i had the effect...

Took me some time, but it came out alright...

Thank you

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dazey said:

Very nice looking Kate. I think you did a great job on the camouflage (a scheme that would scare me!)

Regards,

David

Thank you...and it did the same to me. I spent days/weeks looking at it in primer and thinking how to start ! After the first stokes..."well...i m not going back now !"

I really enjoyed it...its fun and diferent from the "green/blue/gray" schemes...one day i l try the italian schemes...but not this year probably!

• Like 1

• Mike changed the title to Nakajima B5N2 kate 1/72 Hasegawa