Malaysian Airlines 400

Mr B

Hi folks

my entry

gFIvTq1.jpg

C8FTum1.jpg

cnOPqxx.jpg

will start as soon as i get some progress on my british phantom. Anyone know if this boxing is a real 400 series? Looks long enough....

decals are self made. A mate drew them up for me...hope they work :)

rgds to all

brian

• Like 5

Cheers guys thanks for the views I will take that as confirmation and build it as a 400.....V1 no turning back..............

the decals do look good....but Ray you are right.........its always best to have 2 or more..........based on experience, they do tear easily.....

Rgds and happy building to all.........

Brian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Martin

guys got some work.....firstly there are two  emergency doors engraved so its a 400

rtqV0zf.jpg

sides are togeter and weight is in. Just need to paint the weight n close up the clear parts.

5d5YSKp.jpg

dQF97KS.jpg

just tried the wings on for size. Next will be more seam cleaning and finalizing the engines which has already been put together

went an purchased a 1200 hasegawa kit over ebay and might add tht in to the frey when it comes as i have decals for it

rgds

brian

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grandboof said:

Are you going to do anything with the main gear bays ? I seem to remember a see through effect on the -300 I started some years ago . Looking forward to more 

Martin H

Dun think so Martin for now... will revisit once I am cleaning the seams.....Yes you are correct it’s a see thru .....cheers mate.....these Minicraft kits have not much to put together....

rgds

Thanks guys,

that major seam is still present..........so a rub down and superglue.........and sanded smooth............will try and get it repainted during the working week.... :o

Hopefully no more dramas..........and I can tackle the masking job

rgds

B

Hi guys

managed to finalize the white the best I could. Would have gone further for masking but my double sided tape had gone bad. In the mean time i started decalling my phantom

uSUtytW.jpg

will try and get some new double sided tape and start the masking process.

cheers n happy modeling

brian

• Like 3

On 2/16/2018 at 10:09 AM, Viking said:

Coming along nicely, looking forward to this, the Malaysian scheme is lovely.

Totally agree. Hope you can get the mis-measured decals sorted

Cheers Martin

I did manage to repaint a little bit last night ....need to do a fine sand if possible tonight and force the decals to conform......fingers crossed....if all goes well........should be able to decal by weekends....that is if I have the time.............work commitments are starting as with day to day life events...............

rgds

47 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Brain, which decals are you talking about, the livery? Or walkway lines, etc?

Ray

Its the main livery........something is not right............especially towards the rear.....hopefully will be able to work something out.......will see how it goes worst case will be to paint the lines on.....which will be a PITA at best...............walkways and windows I am going to use from the kit....decals........so I do think much of an issue................

Rgds