Tamiya LP Paints

D1fuN0

From what I hear they are the paint from the spray cans and can be thinned out with lacquer thinner for airbrush use. Not used them myself yet but they should be better than the x and xf colours to brush paint also. 

Shaun 

Afternoon Chaps :bye:

Shaun, Yep quite correct, they are the same paint as the TS colours, just in bottles. I was led to believe that they are actually airbrush Ready, but as I said, haven't had a chance to test them yet. (and my japanese isn't good enough to read what it says on the bottle :) ) 

Steve, Didn't buy them in the UK, But if we have them down here in Africa's bottom, you should have them up there. 

2 hours ago, MAD STEVE said:

Afternoon Chaps :bye:

Shaun, Yep quite correct, they are the same paint as the TS colours, just in bottles. I was led to believe that they are actually airbrush Ready, but as I said, haven't had a chance to test them yet. (and my japanese isn't good enough to read what it says on the bottle :) ) 

Steve, Didn't buy them in the UK, But if we have them down here in Africa's bottom, you should have them up there. 

We don't have them in the UK just yet as far as I know which is why I may be wrong and they are airbrush ready. They are probably on a boat somewhere in the Atlantic now just about to reach the UK. 

Shaun 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Morning Chaps :bye:

Well just a little report back. I've now tried them out a couple of times.

Basically what you have is decanted Tamiya paint without the hoohah of decanting :) 

They are exactly the same as the TS paint, and apart from the fineness of the finish, it is difficult to tell the TS and LP colours apart. 

I used mine straight from the bottle with no thinning and they worked just fine, (that was spraying at 18Psi) and I cleaned them out with my usual Acetone. 

I think we might be onto a winner here :) 

I haven't had a chance yet to try out the Clear, but I'll let you know. 

The only grumble really is the bottle size, but then to keep the price down and make them competitive I can see the point. A bottle will do a couple of bikes or a car body and a half but then they are cheap enough to get a stock in. 

The big thing though is, the guys that live anywhere outside of the EU and UK that cant get Zero or Gravity paints, airbrush ready paint from Tamiya really is a blessing in disguise.

Two thumbs up :) 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

I realize this was posted a bit ago but thought I would add a bit in case anyone else brings this up.  I recently finished an F1 Renault and used white, yellow and a couple other LP colors.  I have to say I love these paints!  You can thin them with Tamiya lacquer thinner easy enough and they level out beautifully.  Also, once dry they take tamiya tape very nicely, nothing pulled up.  

But what surprised me is how well they work mixed with Tamiya Acrylics.  I needed the yellow to match Renault yellow so I mixed it and it came out beautifully and again had no problem with tape.  So I have to say I am sold on these paints!

• Like 1