Loss of 'Likes'

I noticed I dropped a few....not sure why! I got to 460 yesterday, then dropped back to 456 again. Not a problem, just wondered what happened.

Edited by fightersweep

3 hours ago, Graeme H said:

OK, didn't even know there was number attached to the number of likes   you can use

where do you find this, and does it reset at some point in time?

the 'like' or responses to your posting is the number under your avatar [wee picture thingy] with the + in front of it.

afaik it never resets but just keeping increasing

I play a game with mine; I check the % and set a value to get to, when I get to that value I donate some gold to BM

Loosing over 540 has set my game askew

Intriguing. I'm down on my score from a few days ago too (not that I post anything here in the hope of garnering points to inflate my ego).

Has there perhaps been a software update that now means the Likes tallied are just that - Likes, and not Thanks, Hahas, or any other of the other possible responses these days?

Yep - me to, I reckon I’m down at least 50 or so. As I deal a lot in numbers I tend to have a bit of a digit memory (I’m handy with postcodes, birthdays and RAF Squadron numbers - sad hey!!). I recall topping 2100 the other day and now I’m below that, I did send a PM to Mike earlier today just to see if he noticed anything? 

To be honest it’s no big deal, but it would be nice to know I suppose? 

Cheers.. Dave 

(BK - I’ll send you a like just to top up your balance a bit!) 

• Thanks 1

I know :) There was a growing disparity between likes and numbers, as well as an issue with the Leaderboard malfunctioning after the last update.  I've been working with @BIG X to get this sorted (he's been my guinea pig/mitherer), and as part of the process I had to undertake a recount/rebuild exercise on the Likes/Reactions that ended up with everyone having a more accurate number (I've no idea how it gets out of kilter), and the Leaderboard working again.  Blame Steve :wicked:

TL;DR The count was inaccurate, now it's accurate.

• Like 3

So basically what Mike is saying is that with improved "profiling", Britmodeller has tightened up the standards of likeability of its members. B)

I can't say I've paid enough attention to my "like index" to notice changes- I judge my popularity by how much fan mail I get, especially when accompanied by unsolicited offers for research funding and/or free kits.  Apparently I'm a pariah.

On further investigation, it seems that multiple simultaneous "likes" were being issued by members on occasions at some point in the past, resulting in an inflation of quite a few members' total beyond what they should have received.  Now we're back on a level playing field things should hopefully work a lot better.  Needless to say, we think this was just a glitch in the matrix, and not some nefarious plot by member or members to corner the market in likes to begin trading them on an internet popularity stock-exchange :clown:

24 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I've been robbed. I was getting a Bitcoin for every like. :huh:

You wouldn't have been associating with the likes of us if that was the case Frank, even before it dropped back to the relatively modest £7k per coin that it's at today.  IIRC, it was $20,000 at one point.  That's one helluva bubble! :pop:

Now that's just bitter with more than a hint of schadenfreude :fraidnot: Good luck to anyone that's making money out of it, especially the people putting the effort in to "mine" it.  Makes me wish I'd had some spare cash when it first started, but I couldn't afford the wedge to get a mining rig.  One part of me would be a bit glad if the bubble went though, as it's forcing the price of graphics cards through the roof at the moment, as some of the coins are designed to work better on GPU architecture rather than use the grunt of ASIC miners, which was more expensive to set up and run, done intentionally in order to keep the currency in the hands of the "small man", rather than people with tons of money already.  Laudable, but it's not much fun for gamers :(

• Confused 1

As a related aside to the original topic, when you Like, Thanks, or Haha a post, the member gets a +1 to their reputation.  The Confused and Sad options convey a neutral sentiment, which doesn't affect your reputation.  This means that if you got 30 reputation notifcations in a day and 10 of them are Sad or Confused, you only get +20, wherease someone with 30 positive Likes will beat you.

• Like 1

No, I considered "thank you", but decided to stick with "like"- I guess I'm just feeling generally cheery today.  Must be the snow day (not because of the snow, because my daughter's home from school).  Makes me want to start singing, "The hills are alive..." - but I won't, don't worry! :guitar:

45 minutes ago, gingerbob said:

No, I considered "thank you", but decided to stick with "like"- I guess I'm just feeling generally cheery today.  Must be the snow day (not because of the snow, because my daughter's home from school).  Makes me want to start singing, "The hills are alive..." - but I won't, don't worry! :guitar:

No, silly.  That was me saying "thank you" for the like! :doh: