ANOTHER WNW - O.O.P.

redcap

10 hours ago, Beardie said:

Time for an SE5a Viper boxing I think :hmmm:

I'm actually quite surprised that they haven't already released a Viper SE as it's only a logical progression after the HS release, and it's got connections with NZ (Grid's SE5a for example and the full size diorama they have at Omaka), and even with Oz, all the 2 Sqn AFC examples.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2018 at 3:48 AM, Smithy said:

I'm actually quite surprised that they haven't already released a Viper SE as it's only a logical progression after the HS release, and it's got connections with NZ (Grid's SE5a for example and the full size diorama they have at Omaka), and even with Oz, all the 2 Sqn AFC examples.

I think they have been waiting for the Hisso SE5a to sell out first.  But I'd bet the research and engineering have already been done.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Amidst this debate of what's O.O.P., is there any 'goss' about any likely release to commemorate the RAF's centenary in a couple of weeks?

Just noticed on the Wingnut site that the Fokker EII eindecker is now listed as sold out.  Luckily for me, I picked this particular kit set up in my local store just over a week ago.

Their kits really do seem to be going pretty quick of late ............... 

Regards

Dave

7 hours ago, Epeeman said:

Just noticed on the Wingnut site that the Fokker EII eindecker is now listed as sold out.  Luckily for me, I picked this particular kit set up in my local store just over a week ago.

Their kits really do seem to be going pretty quick of late ............... 

Regards

Dave

Yes, the E.II/III early has gone too. I think we are seeing the earlier kits sell out more quickly now due to the increased uptake of Wingnut Wings with more Retailers since their move away (expansion away?) from relying solely on distribution by WETA. I am hoping that the move was also part of a plan to increase production rates and run sizes otherwise this will happen more often.

So what's next to go, Brisfit early? DH.9a early? the other Eindeckers must be candidates too?

Duncan B

I wonder if the kit decal sheets that are being sold off give an indication of the kits likely to sell out soon? If that’s the case then the Rumpler C.IV  Late Pfalz D.XII and the FE.2B early might be the next ones to sell out.

Regards, 

Mark

The theorising behind the demise of each kit in the WnW range is almost as exciting as building the things!

I managed to grab a couple of SE.5a's before they disappeared and I'm still hoping for someone to issue some 1/32 decals of Albert Ball's aircraft. I believe that Pheon did do a set featuring one of Captain Ball's aircraft, but that is now sold out.

Although a 56 Sqn release featuring multiple aircraft would be a great release, I'd personally prefer WnW to concentrate on releasing some new, un-modelled aircraft.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark said:

The theorising behind the demise of each kit in the WnW range is almost as exciting as building the things!

I managed to grab a couple of SE.5a's before they disappeared and I'm still hoping for someone to issue some 1/32 decals of Albert Ball's aircraft. I believe that Pheon did do a set featuring one of Captain Ball's aircraft, but that is now sold out.

Although a 56 Sqn release featuring multiple aircraft would be a great release, I'd personally prefer WnW to concentrate on releasing some new, un-modelled aircraft.

It is indeed fun speculating.

as Albert Ball flew the earlier SE.5 variant I was wondering if the WNW kit includes the parts to enable you to build Ball’s SE.5......

Regards,

Mark