Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Red Dot

Thailand Museums

Recommended Posts

Back by popular request it seems!

 

Here are some from the Don Meuang Royal Thai Air Force museum in Bangkok. As before, it's amazing how many types the Thai forces fly and flew. Who's first for the Broncvo to RTAF-5 conversion?

 

Andy

 

Arava_RTAF_1.jpg

 

Bell_212_RTAF_1.jpg

 

Bonanza_RTAF_1.jpg

 

F-5_RTAF_2.jpg

 

F-84_G_RTAF_2.jpg

 

F-86_D_RTAF_1.jpg

 

F-86_F_RTAF.jpg

 

Firefly_Royal_Thai_Navy_1.jpg

 

G-222_RTAF_2.jpg

 

H-19_RTAF_2.jpg

 

Helldiver_Royal_Thai_Navy_1.jpg

 

HH-43_RTAF_1.jpg

 

HS-748_RTAF_1.jpg

 

Ki-55_RTAF_2.jpg

 

Nomad_RTAF_1.jpg

 

OV-10_RTAF_2.jpg

 

RTAF-5_RTAF_1.jpg

 

Sea_Harrier_Royal_Thai_Navy_1.jpg

 

T-28_RTAF.jpg

 

T-28_RTAF_1.jpg

 

T-33_RTAF_2.jpg

 

U-10_RTAF_1.jpg

 

YH-5_RTAF_1.jpg

Edited by Red Dot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a great museum, though we lived in Thailand for 7 years we only found out about it in our last year there (2001), our Thai friends did not know it existed mind you we did live quite a way from Bangkok. Thanks for posting the photos, they bring back some very happy memories.

 

Cheers

 

Dennis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spitfire said:

It's a great museum, though we lived in Thailand for 7 years we only found out about it in our last year there (2001), our Thai friends did not know it existed mind you we did live quite a way from Bangkok. Thanks for posting the photos, they bring back some very happy memories.

 

Cheers

 

Dennis

Glad you like them Dennis.

 

 

1 hour ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Is that a Chipmunk nose in the first image?

Yes it is John 

 

andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A great museum, isn't it! Did you get around the back and see the Fantrainers and F-5s?

 

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

A great museum, isn't it! Did you get around the back and see the Fantrainers and F-5s?

 

Martin

hi Martin,

 

Thanks for the comments on both posts. Yes, we did get round the back in the long grass. That's where the RTAF-5 picture was taken. It's a shame it was there as it is unique and takes a few seconds looking at it to realise it isn't a Bronco.

 

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Red Dot said:

hi Martin,

 

Thanks for the comments on both posts. Yes, we did get round the back in the long grass. That's where the RTAF-5 picture was taken. It's a shame it was there as it is unique and takes a few seconds looking at it to realise it isn't a Bronco.

 

Andy

 

I think we are talking about two different places. The place I mean had these:

 

longgrass2

 

longgrass1

 

There were a number of F-5s etc round there. I remember the RTAF-5 being on the opposite side.

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Martin,

 

i don't recognise that area at all. Perhaps it has changed a bit as we did manage to go everywhere on site, I think

 

andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, maybe. There were ex-Taiwanese F-5 fuselages, the Fantrainers and T-37s, a T-33 and a F-86F... the T-28 you show was there too. If you look at the fro t of rhe museum building they were on the far left.

 

M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi Martin,

 

Sorry for the slow reply. It turns out that we were in the same area but it's changed a lot. The F-5s and Fantrainers were the only wrecked/stored airframes still there along with a T-37

 

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×