Frog Squad GB Chat

JOCKNEY

Sounds like a great idea long overdue - I am in, thanks. I originally only did three Frog kits that I can remember and still to do one this second time around. Plenty have been 'collected' since so I will ponder on which to dig out...

Edited by Ventora3300
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bristol boy said:

Ooh forgot I have an Encore Beaufort, that’s Frog isn’t it?

Hi

Yes you are correct, details from Scalemates below

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/161541-encore-models-1009-bristol-beaufort-ii

Can we pencil this one in instead, or put you down for both ! :wicked:

cheers Pat

9 hours ago, 06/24 said:

Haha. Unbought would be more accurate!

As you have mentions of Blenheims the Beaufighters in your signature, surely you need a Beaufort to complete them ?

Just a thought :evil_laugh:

cheers Pat

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

As you have mentions of Blenheims the Beaufighters in your signature, surely you need a Beaufort to complete them ?

Just a thought :evil_laugh:

cheers Pat

Fair point, well made :pilot:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi

Yes you are correct, details from Scalemates below

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/161541-encore-models-1009-bristol-beaufort-ii

Can we pencil this one in instead, or put you down for both ! :wicked:

cheers Pat

Put me down for the Beaufort, Two would be too much, but then again there’s a Blackburn Shark and a Beaufighter 21, choices....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

That's great we don't get enough cars built in the GB's especially old Triumphs, yes I know :dull:.......... :coat:

I suppose I was asking for that! That would be Airfix anyway - although if I wanted to start building car models, that might be what I’d go for

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sabre_days said:

Please count me in. Gloster E.28/39, Bristol 138A or Spirit of St. Louis...

Really great choices, I will try to put a list together when we get started. Yes please note, positive vibes on the 2019 vote even at this stage ! Of all the Frog / Novo / Revell et al kits so we can replicate the Matchbox GB which has achieved an amazing variety of builds for the existing catalogue 

cheers Pat

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CliffB said:

Me too please Pat.  Only a couple remaining in my stash at the moment (most have been built :winkgrin:) - Spirit of St.Louis or S.6B.

Cheers

Cliff

Hi Cliff

You are very welcome, both classic choices

cheers Pat

3 hours ago, Dermo245 said:

Count me in Pat. :yes:

Maybe a FW Ta-152 if no one else is building one. Or an F-4. Don't mind really!

Cheers

Dermot

Hi Dermot

I have never seen the Frog TA-154 built so I look forward to seeing it if that's the one you choose.

cheers Pat

Has anyone offered the Hotspur yet? I have a bagged Novo one that I ought to do, before I lose any bits from it and no props other undercarriage Wells etc to worry about. Blackbird Models did some decals for the Hotspur, Master and Magister and so will be using some of those I think. 

• Like 1

Hi Martin

The Hotspur will be a very welcome addition, especially after they beat Man Utd the other night (COYS) yes ok I get it .....:coat:

Seriously, great idea and thanks for the tip on the decals. I have Novo versions of these kits all of which would appear to need replacement decals, so I will look out for them.

Edit, found them

http://www.blackbirdmodels.co.uk/raf-non-combat-types-pt1-72-1108-p.asp

cheers Pat

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in Pat.. after all the fun that the soon to end Matchbox GB has produced and the highly anticipated Classic Airfix GB later this year - I’d be mad to miss out on this one. I won’t commit to any particular project just yet, however I still remember not buying a Frog Oxford when I was about 10, and then after a 2nd re-think went back to buy it - but it was gone!!! This GB might rectify a 37 year old mistake. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

On 13/02/2018 at 10:29 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Count me in Pat.. after all the fun that the soon to end Matchbox GB has produced and the highly anticipated Classic Airfix GB later this year - I’d be mad to miss out on this one. I won’t commit to any particular project just yet, however I still remember not buying a Frog Oxford when I was about 10, and then after a 2nd re-think went back to buy it - but it was gone!!! This GB might rectify a 37 year old mistake. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Hi Dave

You are very welcome. 

Its funny how things like that stick in the brain yet useful things are all to soon forgotten !

cheers Pat

• Thanks 1

Count me in. Not sure what to build just yet but more than one subject is a definite. 

Would the FROG Penguin range fit the criteria? I have a few of those in need of full restoration that would make for an interesting rebuild read.

Tony.

8 hours ago, TonyW said:

Count me in. Not sure what to build just yet but more than one subject is a definite. 

Would the FROG Penguin range fit the criteria? I have a few of those in need of full restoration that would make for an interesting rebuild read.

Tony.

Hi Tony

You are very welcome and the FROG Penguin range :penguin:definitely is included as that's where it all started.

Ive never seen one in the flesh so seeing one or more being restored would be brilliant. I'll check with Enzo about the 25% started rule but you definitely have my vote  :thumbsup:

cheers Pat

12 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Tony

You are very welcome and the FROG Penguin range :penguin:definitely is included as that's where it all started.

Ive never seen one in the flesh so seeing one or more being restored would be brilliant. I'll check with Enzo about the 25% started rule but you definitely have my vote  :thumbsup:

cheers Pat

Thanks Pat,

Here's a contender for restoration, or rather a pair of them!

The remains of both versions of the Penguin Blackburn Shark, wheeled and Floatplane.

IMG_3335.jpg

The models are both incomplete and need a few bits and pieces scratch built or copied from the later FROG kit, or even the original plan. There's also a fair bit of warping of the primitive plastic to sort out along with trying to salvage what I can of the original markings. The models will be taken back to component parts and rebuilt from there. The thought of it terrifyies me but a GB is just the boot up the jacksie needed to get me going here.

Tony.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TonyW said:

Thanks Pat,

Here's a contender for restoration, or rather a pair of them!

The remains of both versions of the Penguin Blackburn Shark, wheeled and Floatplane.

IMG_3335.jpg

The models are both incomplete and need a few bits and pieces scratch built or copied from the later FROG kit, or even the original plan. There's also a fair bit of warping of the primitive plastic to sort out along with trying to salvage what I can of the original markings. The models will be taken back to component parts and rebuilt from there. The thought of it terrifyies me but a GB is just the boot up the jacksie needed to get me going here.

Tony.

Hi Tony

Thanks for the photo, I think I have a spare Shark, not sure it has decals but will look, pm me your address and it's yours.

I'll check with Enzo but seeing these restored to their former glory would be terrific but I also fear no small undertaking 

cheers Pat

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grandboof said:

Yes please if I may Fairy Barracuda to start 

Martin H

Top man Martin, you are very welcome

I have a few of these which I have always intended building and never got round to it, a Frog classic if ever there was one.

cheers Pat

Hi Pat, if your still taking vict.......er, volunteers! I'm in.

Know I've got a NOVO FD.2 (original FROG versions go for silly money) and IF I've still got it, may even have a go at the Rufe.

As an aside, when their built, if any are in Coastal Command colours, bring 'em to Telford, they can happily sit on the Coastal SIG stand.

Paul

• Like 1